Anyone else?

xLeeBeex

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

Just wondered if any of you are only waiting until you own your own home?

That's the main reason we're waiting now I think. We're going to start our proper saving from January onwards and I am so excited. Whilst we're saving I will hopefully be progressing a bit further in my job which will mean a bit of a pay rise. Also have a few holidays planned next year too as we don't want to miss out on having fun while we're doing the saving.

Not sure how long it will take to save but I'm hoping 2015 will be our year.
So, anyone else?

me and my bf want our own house, i am only on a temporary contract at work but as soon as i get a permanent one (here or somewhere else) we are getting the ball rolling with our house! we are starting ttc may and will hopefully have a house sorted for july as my temp contract runs out april
we have our deposit saved its so annoying that its something as small as not being permanent holding us back!

I think that's why my bf is wanting to wait. He mentioned kids last night once the house is built. Fingers crossed we get to start building next year! We will just have to wait and see :)

That's our number one reason. We want to buy and renovate a house that our family can grow into. I think that's when we'll feel completely "settled". The wedding is an after-thought, if it happens before than it's fine, but a house is definitely number one. We've been saving for a while individually, but in April we're really going to start buckling down. We're looking to be home-owners in 2015 as well when we move to New York. :flower:

It is a biggie for us! We are currently renting a small one bed flat, but we viewed a three bed today to buy, and we are really keen! Can't believe it is actually happening now! It is a bit of a renovation (to say the least) so we are still a fair bit off baby, but is another step!

Our biggest step was purchasing our house. Now we are going to wait 6 months of being in the house so that we can get settled and see how bills are going to work out before adding more :)

Thanks for the replies ladies, I know for some its not a big deal but we just know it's the right way for us. Really gonna work on saving, love watchingthe money building up :) got £350 in there so far so still a little way to go lol.

I think it makes total sense to wait until you own a home! If things were perfect I would absolutely be doing the same thing. It's what most of my friends who have kids have done. Unfortunately, we're currently living a 6 hour plane flight from both mine and DH's family, in an area neither of us really likes, for DH's career. So it's either wait another couple of years probably or TTC while we're renting. I think we're going to go for the latter.

Good luck with your house plans!

Thank you, 2014 is nearly here and the saving can begin :)

No, the way the market is now owning your own home is no guarantee of stability. Houses being reposed or sold because they can't afford their mortgage. A work colleague owns a house but had to move back in with his parents when he got made redundant from a well paid job, now he has work but still can't afford to live there.

We want to own a home but it's not a massive thing for us, plus the amount you need for a deposit these days it's going to take a few years to save up!

No I know it doesn't guarantee stability but we'd still like to own a home first. Thankfully with my OH he is very good at his job and if redundancy ever came up, he wouldn't be without a job for long.

With both our incomes it shouldn't take us long to save enough for a deposit either.

Starting in January :D

You're right Lee, with both you working, it shouldn't take long at all! Omg that means you could be TTC in a year! :D :happydance:

Haha well I wouldn't quite say a year, OH wouldnt quite be ready that quick I don't think. A girl can dream though :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->