Anyone else's 5 month old suddenly feeding every 2 hours at night?

stouffer

Reaction score
Just when we got over the 4 month sleep regression... we had 2 lovely weeks of LO only waking once in the night and now it's like she's a newborn.

Here's an example:

Bottle 7.30pm, bed 8pm, wakes for BF 10pm, 2am, 4am, 6am, awake for the day (and hungry) at 7am.

This all coincided with putting her down awake in her cot. Basically I put her down drowsy and hold her hand until she sleeps. We're not doing anything potentially stressful like CIO but I still wonder if this night waking could be a comfort thing? :shrug:

She doesn't feed any more than usual during the day so I don't think it's a growth spurt.

Anyone else been through the same thing?

Is she wakin for an actual feed or for a cuddle? If its just for a cuddle then i would just leave her to settle herself (hard for a few nights but soo worth it) If its for food then she could be ready to start being weaned, sounds like milk isnt fillin her up enough overnight, maybe try some rice on the feed before her last feed x

this happened when my LO turned 5 months and 2 weeks!! he was waking every 2 hours and feeding like he'd never been fed, we started weaning and for the last week he's slept 6 hours straight, apart from the two days when he had no food because i was out late and he'd nodded off by the time I got home!! he's now 6 months :happydance:

Sound's like LO is ready for weaning!! :happydance: good luck and have fun with it

Mine started doing this last night. I'm holding out for as long as possible for 6 months though.

It sounds to me like she maybe ready to start having a rusk biscuit mashed up with her milk or baby rice, shes deff at that age now where she may need something more than just milk to feel her up!

xxxx

Yes, my LO slept well (only waking once or maybe twice a night) until he was 5 months and then all hell broke loose and he would wake up every 90 mins to two hours and need feeding back to sleep every time (I'm BFing). In our case he has never really gone back to how well he slept at 2 months- at 11 months he still wakes every 2-3 hours, doesn't matter what we do- introducing solids didn't make a difference, no techniques have worked, so I'm just hoping he'll start sleeping better as he gets older!

I think it is a comfort thing in our case as you said so it might be with your LO. No advice sorry, just wanted to say it has happened to us and I know how you feel! Hope it's just a short phase for you and she sleeps better soon :flower:

Thanks for your replies everyone :)

She's definitely waking for hunger because if I sooth her back to sleep she tosses and turns for about 10 mins and wakes up again reaching up for me and turning her head which is her cue for hungry.

She's on half a rusk with baby milk for breakie and veg puree with baby rice for dinner and has about 4oz of formula after each of these. She likes to eat little and often (every 2 hours during the day whether BF or FF) so it's pretty hard to get her tanked up before bed :lol:

Thank you for the replies and suggestions!

Louie goes no longer than 2 hours in the night and he's a reluctant weaner so I suppose I'm lucky he goes 2 hours really as he's hardly taking any solids. It's exhausting :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->