Anyone else's child not like school?

pandacub

Proud mummy to Jacob
Reaction score
Every morning I have to battle with Jacob to get him to school. He tells me he doesn't like it, and doesn't want to go, and sometimes cries and I have to carry him to the car. If he's going to breakfast club that day, will cling to my legs and get upset when I leave :( this is relatively new, he used to be fine going to school, and especially liked breakfast and after school club. He says no one plays with him, but every time I pick him up from AS club, he's playing happily with the other children :shrugg:

He's having trouble with blending, and there's a lot of focus on that so I'm wondering if his confidence is getting knocked in some way.
I'm going to try and have a little chat with his teacher on Monday, and see if she's noticed any change.

We had a little problem with DD not wanting to go to school and a few tears when they went back to school after Xmas. We found it odd as she does like school and has a few friends and is doing well. We mentioned to her teacher if anything had happened in school and she didn't understand why either. A week later we found out from DD that at playtime a older girl was being nasty and saying she couldn't play with them but other girls in Dds class could. We had a word with her teacher and DD now seems fine although we did have tears this morning before leaving for school but she was fine a few mins later. X

Thanks, I'll have a little chat with Jacob tomorrow and see if anythings bothering him.
He cried when I took him to breakfast club this morning and one of the ladies had to take him off me :(

Mines gone through phases of not liking school, normally based around some change or another. She doesnt like change! She's always re-settled though but ive often found speaking to the teachers helpful

Thomas just had his first week last week (kids start at 5 here and the school year starts in Feb) and every morning he balls his eyes out and I admit I cry once I'm out the gate too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->