anyone elses legs become swollen?

mummyof3babas

Reaction score
my hands, feet and legs are really swollen my legs are like tree trunks:( iv been to hosp all is fine no high bp, urines fine, also saw mw tuesday and again she said bp and urine was normal but if my headaches keep coming to go labour and delievery but im just wondering as anyone else had the swelling in there legs aswell? all my leggings dont fit anymore my legs look huge:(

I had this last time and then suddenly developed high bp and protein. I went from being dismissed to being induced three days later. It can happen quickly. Keep an eye on it and keep getting checked. I wish i'd made more fuss last time.

Really hope it's just the heat and extra baby bump that's causing it for you.

everything is swollen now ankles, legs, fingers...im definitely not glowing. More like the stay puff marshmallow man hah! Everything is normal bp, urine etc Midwife says its just one of the perks of being preggers.

Looking forward to having my body back :flower:

x

I've been that swollen for about 2 months now. I call myself the Italian sausage because I'm so red and puffed up. DH was the one who alerted me to my leg issue. He asked when my ankles would come back. I didn't even realize they were gone, it has been so long since I've seen them.
The doctors all say I'm good though.

My legs are swollen too, and I have normal BP, trace of protein, OB is not concerned right now. In the mornings feet, ankles and legs are back down, but once I get up and start moving, it doesn't last long. When I get home from work I try and elevate my feet. My pants are tight around the legs because of the swelling :(

see this is where im concerend because during the night and when i wake up im swollen:( its not seeming to settle but there not concerened:/ i feel huge and horrible and it hurts to bend my fingers:(

see this is where im concerend because during the night and when i wake up im swollen:( its not seeming to settle but there not concerened:/ i feel huge and horrible and it hurts to bend my fingers:(

at night my fingers kill to bend too! I thought i was getting arthritis at first!! But during the day the fingers calm down. The joys of pregnancy...

x

I don't even realize how swollen I am until I take my socks off and see the line they leave. Haven't worn my wedding rings for weeks if not months. I feel huge!!! And yes, I am SO ready to have my body back!

yer im the exact same really miss wearing my rings:( espesh my engagment one:( im so done with pregnancy now and really want my body back and my baby in my arms:( im stuck in pjs as my legs have outgrown all my leggings:S

Tried to put some knee high boots on the other day & could only get them halfway over my calves :(

I had this problem in my last pregnancy and developed PE very quickly, this time round I've had no issues with swelling.. Are you drinking enough as this helps flush out unwanted water from the body?

this is what im worried about because iv had headaches, dizzy spells, weird vision, and then the swelling on top:( but only had a trace of protein on one occasion and bp has always been normal:S me did say that im meant to go in as soon as a headache comes on as thats when my bp will defo be up? is this right?

Omg I'm soooo swollen. My feet and my legs up to my knees hurt loads. If my legs swell at night when bent i cant unbend them. I've been trying to elevate my legs but it doesn't do much. I think not drinking enough is my problem. I find it hard to drink. I feel your pain :)

I drink water like its going out of style.

this is what im worried about because iv had headaches, dizzy spells, weird vision, and then the swelling on top:( but only had a trace of protein on one occasion and bp has always been normal:S me did say that im meant to go in as soon as a headache comes on as thats when my bp will defo be up? is this right?

I'd be worried too. Don't mean to scare you, but if swelling is not going down during the night, and your suffering from dizzy spells, and vision issues, I would be very concerned of the on set of Pre E.

^^ im very worried also had a headache for 2 days which hasnt gone with paracetemol, but there not concerened:/ i just get sent away & told the same stuff:( i dont know what to do:( iv woke up this morning again with swollen fingers, hands, headache, swollen legs:( im at the nurse again thursday so going to ask for my bp re checked, :(

^^ im very worried also had a headache for 2 days which hasnt gone with paracetemol, but there not concerened:/ i just get sent away & told the same stuff:( i dont know what to do:( iv woke up this morning again with swollen fingers, hands, headache, swollen legs:( im at the nurse again thursday so going to ask for my bp re checked, :(

Do you have access to a BP monitor? In our pharmacies in Canada we have public ones, and also my mom had a small portable one she lent me. I check every day.

il try find out:)

Good luck! Remember ... you know your body, if you feel unwell, go to emerg ASAP, don't put your life or the life of your unborn baby aside because others are telling you not to worry. I'll be thinking of you! Take Care of yourself hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->