Anyone ever baught material off the market?

kmumtobe

Mummy to 2
Reaction score
Hi, we're having a go at doing our own professional (hopefully!) looking photos for Christmas for the family, trying to recreate the kind of setup a studio would have (we have the cube already) but wondered about getting some nice material like they use to go on the floor/over the cushions propping him up. Has anyone ever baught material off the market and can give me an idea of the cost like per metre? Or if theres somewhere better? Not something I've ever baught so no idea! Thanks :thumbup:

Oh definitely, have no issues with buying fabrics from markets. you could get some serious bargains.

but i think some experience with fabrics is a plus, as you sorta need to have a feel before you buy.

i havnt bought something recently so cant say how much i would pay per metre. but i know i wouldnt pay a lot!

It really depends on the type, weight etc of fabric as to how much you can expect to pay per metre. There's a stall on my local market and the prices start at about £1 per metre.

Oh excellent thanks girls, don't want anything fancy just something that doesn't look like carpet lol I shall get myself down there at the weekend, not looked round the market since I was a kid!

I always buy material from the market; if its a backdrop type fabric you want, depending on which market it is you can get stuff like that from as little as 50p per metre xx

:happydance: there was me worried about breaking the bank haha

Oh its not much, the most iv ever spent on the market buying material was about £4.00m Its brill

I have got fabric from the market before and I also go to the Indian/Asian dress shops. They have some amazing material in there also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->