Anyone ever get a pulsing above groin?

PurpleIvy44

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
Twice today after I ate something I felt this pulsing like a heartbeat above my groin near the joint of my leg. I thought it was the baby pushing on me but it was consistent for about 10 mins or so. I don't think I was my heartbeat b/c I checked my neck pulse and it was slower. I have no idea what it is! Has anyone else had a similar experience or know what's causing it?:shrug:

It was most likely practice breathing from baby. I get it a lot at night

Yeah sounds like practice breathing/hiccups to me. :)

Oh really, thank goodness b/c I was kinda freaking out. I never thought of hiccups but that does make sense b/c she's head down and I'm feeling them so low.

She's been kind of quiet the last couple days too so that had me worried anyways, she must be sleepy.

I get that too - but I've only had it that low with my breech babies (this one is also breech). It's in that spot though, definitely don't feel it above the belly button.

Yes hiccups feel so weird when they're really low down! My entire pelvic shakes

Hiccups. Your baby is probably head down.

My baby is head down right now and I'm very certain it's hiccups!! :)

I feel hiccups and baby practicing breathing down there to, hiccups are more of a jerk feeling and practicing breathing feels like your breathing only faster.

If you always get it in the same place and it's very low down, it could be baby pressing on your vagus nerve. I kept getting the same thing and asked my auntie (she's been a health visitor for 40+ yrs) and she said that's what it probably was and that it's very common :) so still nothing to worry about, just another possibility besides hiccups xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->