Anyone ever ovulate BEFORE +OPK?

Ask4joy

Reaction score
I am feeling very confused! I started using OPKs early this cycle as I believe I had a CP last cycle and wasn't sure what would happen. For more than a week I had very negative OPKs (barely visible second line). The afternoon of cd15 the second line was visibly much darker but still not positive (about 1/2 the color of the control line). On the afternoon of CD16 the OPK became positive with both lines equal in color. I have now gotten +OPKs on CD16 for 3 cycles in a row. Strangely, my temp shift seemed to indicate that I ovulated on CD15 this cycle. FF changes my O date depending on which setting I have it on. I started spotting today and thought it might be IB as it was still early in my cycle, so I thought. But the spotting turned bright red this evening. Even if I O'd on cd15 it still puts my luteal phase a day shorter than the last 3 cycles that I've temped.

If I really did O on CD15 BEFORE my positive OPK then I feel like OPKs are useless to me! Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Day 15 looks possible. I know some miss their surge as it's short and they only test once a day. Did you test more than the afternoon? Around my ovulation date I test mid to late morning and sometimes afternoon too if I haven't seen a positive. .
Just a thought, CD19 also looks like a bit of a temp spike? And is a few days after your OPK?

I was testing twice a day. Here's a photo of my tests...I only saved 1 a day (the darkest from the day if there was a difference).

My temp shot back up today which I've never seen happen after spotting. I hope it's a good sign!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh