Anyone ever stopped birth control..HELP

Maybe baby

Reaction score
Hello everyone!! right, so i stopped b/c on march 16th...i have since taken 5 negative pregnancy tests...my only symptom now is sore nipples to touch, and occasional bloating....is this just side effects of coming off the pill? my last negative was today, (20 daysafter stopping pills, and 9 days after last having sex)! thanks

well if i had stayed on pill...my period would have been tuesday...

The pill doesn't work with me, hence the bump.

When are you due?

i would have been due to have a period...monday/tuesday xx

like monday or tuesday this week gone but aparently it wud be longer cos of no pill

Sometimes coming off the pill can delay your next period. Any reason why you decided to stop using it? Or you just ended your 3week pack? When I was on the pill my periods were all over the place, when I stopped the pill that week then my period might not come on for 3 days and so on.

It's probably too early to tell. The pill failed with me, and I had one negative test to start with. I waited two weeks and then I had 4 positive.

oh right, i stopped cos of migranes but until then the pill was working magic for me, if still testing negative (31 days after stoppinh) saturday going to start a new pill :) hopefully will work for me...and will go back on my regular clockwork pill cycle..

p.s this is my 5th negative test lol in 10 days

The pill didn't work for me either... lol!! Try testing again in two weeks if your period still hasn't come, but it may take a while longer for your next expected period to come since you've stopped your BC :) :hugs:

hey genna...spoke to someone at nhs about dates...she sed best shot if i want to go bk on new birth control is to go bk on it sat...if a test then is neg...and re-regulate my body...yay...not too ready to be a yummy mummy

That's surely wrong advise...if you're pregnant you shouldn't start taking the pill again.

i really think im not, no symptoms really...plus so many negative tests...she said if still negative tests sat to go back on pill...as will be 35 days since last period

I think ur jsut going to have to give it time hun.. but I found that U sed to get bloating and sore nipples right before a period. I also knew when I was pregnant without doing a test, U just know that ur body aint right! Just give it a few more days and see what happens. Try not to get yor hopes up if u are trying coz it can take a longtime to conceive and your body has to adjust to coming of the pill. Hope everything goes ok xx

It's probably your body adjusting to it...the pill is a major hormonal changeto your body, thats why my advice is to be consistent with it and don't go off-go on too often.

The pill didn't work for me either haha!

But don't worry about it hun my periods were all over the place on the pill. Just give it a few more days break and keep testing.

the pill definatly screws your body up majorly, when you are on the pill your body has prepared itself for a 'fake pregnancy' so when you come off it, its a major shake up. It can take awhile before your period comes back and before it becomes regular again. Also, if you think the pill may not be 'working' as alot of the girls have said the pill has 'failed' them...monitor what your body is saying, you may need a higher dose pill, sometimes your body can get so use to the same pill that if your even an hour late in taking your pill you may start bleeding, or you may jsut get break through bleeding half way though a cycle, if you experience anything like this, talk to your doctor and you will need a higher dose pill.

The symptoms like sore nipples is probably just your body re-adjusting itself back to normal, im on the pill yazmin, its really good, not sure if you have tried it before, but prior to being on this pill i was on leveln ed which gave me a lot of migranes (like yourself) weight gain and stomach pains, everyones different but yazmin is a higer dose pill and it dosnt make you gain weight, its a little bit more exspensive, but in my vote, well worth it.

Also, i read a comment that said taking the pill whilst pregnant isnt a good idea, well really there hasnt been any studies to suggest taking the pill whilst pregnant causes any danger to you or the baby, theres generally no reason to take the pill but if you were unexpectedly pregnant, the pill shouldnt effect you, but to be on the safe side, its a good idea to stop taking it if in deed your pregnant. If the tests keep coming up negative, then id say your not pregnant. If your still feeling unsure about it, go to your doctor and get them to take a blood sample for you :)

good luck

the pill definatly screws your body up majorly, when you are on the pill your body has prepared itself for a 'fake pregnancy' so when you come off it, its a major shake up. It can take awhile before your period comes back and before it becomes regular again. Also, if you think the pill may not be 'working' as alot of the girls have said the pill has 'failed' them...monitor what your body is saying, you may need a higher dose pill, sometimes your body can get so use to the same pill that if your even an hour late in taking your pill you may start bleeding, or you may jsut get break through bleeding half way though a cycle, if you experience anything like this, talk to your doctor and you will need a higher dose pill.

The symptoms like sore nipples is probably just your body re-adjusting itself back to normal, im on the pill yazmin, its really good, not sure if you have tried it before, but prior to being on this pill i was on leveln ed which gave me a lot of migranes (like yourself) weight gain and stomach pains, everyones different but yazmin is a higer dose pill and it dosnt make you gain weight, its a little bit more exspensive, but in my vote, well worth it.

Also, i read a comment that said taking the pill whilst pregnant isnt a good idea, well really there hasnt been any studies to suggest taking the pill whilst pregnant causes any danger to you or the baby, theres generally no reason to take the pill but if you were unexpectedly pregnant, the pill shouldnt effect you, but to be on the safe side, its a good idea to stop taking it if in deed your pregnant. If the tests keep coming up negative, then id say your not pregnant. If your still feeling unsure about it, go to your doctor and get them to take a blood sample for you :)

good luck

I found out I was pregnant at 7 weeks and up until the day I found out I was still taking it.
There was no harm but I wouldn't advise it.

thanks all...still testing negative....had bloods done thursday to be double sure but have been told is safe to go on yaz pill, so have done so to try and sort my body out...will never stop again!

when you stop taking the pill it can really mess up ur periods. im havin the same sort of problem as you atm. iv been on the pill sence i was about 15 and im 19 now, its worked fine for me even though i did put on weight :( lol but that expected! ... but the last few months my period has been all over the place iv been havin a period every 2 weeks ! i havnt been well eather so iv decided this month 2 not take the pill and there no sign of my period eather lol but im not 2 worried yet.
But if you are you should go to your doctors they can not only tell u if you are pregnant so u can stop spendin money on tests lol .. but they can change your pill !
let us no how u get on ..
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"