Anyone ever take Diclegis?

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
I'm already dreading the days when morning sickness hits full force. I get it pretty bad. I suffer 24/7 nausea and occasional vomiting. I've tried natural cures: lemon, ginger tea, gargling with salt water to wash out the bad taste, sucking on peppermints, Preggy pops, Sea Bands... you name it, I've probably tried it. I took vitamin b6 and Benadryl with no relief. I had to end up going on Zofran with my last three pregnancies because I couldn't take the all day nausea, and even that didn't work for me. It increased my appetite to help me eat but it didn't take away the nausea and made me very sleepy, making it hard to function. I don't want to go through that again.

My doctor brought up Diclegis but said my insurance didn't cover it, however I found a coupon online that made Diclegis available for no more than $30 for a month supply. Hey, I would be willing to spend $30 for a couple months if it means helping me get through my morning sickness to where I can take care of my other two children without worrying about being couch ridden. Anyone here try it and does it work?

I'm on it.. I'm not really sure if its working for me or not. I only take half of the aloud dosage or else I'm a zombie! I am still very nauseaus... But I'm too afraid to not take it because I don't want to feel worse... I don't puke nearly as often as I did before I started taking it... My insurance wouldn't cover either so my dr just keeps giving me samples. See if they have a sample bottle you can try before you spend money on it. I have seen multiple other women own here that are on it and it seems to work for them.

I'm also on it 2x/day (can take up to 4) but still constantly nauseated. I also have HG so I don't think anything helps. I'm almost 17 weeks and still nauseated and occasionally vomiting :(

Isn't Diclegis just B6 and unisom? If B6 didn't work before, I'm not sure how it'd work for you now. But every pregnancy is different, you never know.

Honestly I don't think there is really a cure for morning sickness, just something we have to go through, but I thought I would see if anyone else tried this. I'm sorry it didn't work as well as it claims for you ladies. I had HG with my son and it was no fun :(

Fairycat, that is what I thought, that it was just vitamin B6 and Unisom, but I was reading on the website for Diclegis that the pills are "slow release" and are supposed to last longer than taking the two separate but idk for sure. I can ask my doctor for free samples. She gave me free samples once for birth control because my insurance wouldn't cover it so she may have samples of Diclegis, especially since she specializes in HG patients.

Oh, that's pretty neat then. I hope it can help you if it comes to that!

Me too. Hopefully I won't need to resort to that, but if I feel like a zombie by 7 weeks when my doctor scheduled my first appointment, I might bring it up to her.

It was prescribed to me, but it was $630 for a one-month supply. The $30 coupon thing didn't work, so the pharmacist told me to just take the equivalent of unisom and B6. I take it only at night. My nausea was 24/7 and I couldn't sleep because I felt sick. Now it's much better! I can sleep and I'm eating again. I'm not back to normal, but I'm definitely much better, even during the day. But everyone's different. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->