Anyone experienced this before......

LittleAngel09

Reaction score
The past week I've been feeling very breathless after small exertion. I mean walking up the stairs means I literally cannot speak. My hearts racing and beating into my throat, which makes me cough, and I've been even more exhausted than normal.

Went to dr yesterday about it and it turns out my heart rate is over 100 per minute. I got put on an ECG at the surgery and I've now been referred to the hospital for a 24 hour ECG.

Has anyone else experienced this?

My heart rate would go up to 190 in my last pregnancy. I had two echos done and a few ECGs and a VQ scan for clots and nothing could every be found. It was just the way my body was handelling the stress of being pregnant. I was told to take it easy and do thing slower then normal. Take my time doing things. Everything turned out fine and my heart rate went back to normal after baby.

I had a few scary spells during pregnancy - feeling like I'd pass out even when lay down, shivering and cold but skin hot enough to boil an egg, generally feeling of being very unwell.

When I delivered my DS 5 weeks ago I passed out shortly after birth, IV fluids were administered but it took over 10 attempts to get a line in as my veins kept collapsing. Then I had to have a blood transfusion - cue more collapsing veins! My heartrate was noted as tachycardic (over 130bmp) and I was given and ECG and referred for a 24 hour / 7 day ECG and told to call 999 if I had a particularly bad episode.

Ended up calling 999 two weeks ago and got taken to hospital - had a chest xray and bloods which were fine and another 2 ECGs (1 at home and 1 in A&E).

I'm still waiting for my cardiology appointment (Jan 7th!!) but still having bouts of feeling ill, tachycardia, infrequent beats and palpitations. :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->