Anyone experiencing SPD?

purelygemini

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I've developed this, from what I read. Just wondering if any of you ladies are experiencing SPD or pelvic girdle pain now or in the past. My whole pelvis and pubic bone are in pain and uncomfortable. I'll be contacting my doctor tomorrow but would love to hear from personal experiences :)

I did with my last pregnancy and i have just started to get pain again. Luckily mine wasn't too bad though :)

I had one sided pelvic and hip pain with my second. My body wasn't totally recovered from my first and all my ligaments were loose still. The chiropractor helped so much to keep me centered

Ugh yes. Had it late with my first, and it's been the Devil since about 13 weeks with this pregnancy. So not cute and not a lot can be done to alleviate it. I've been sleeping sitting up recently and that's helped a little.

Yep had it with my last pregnancy and now with this one its so painful this time around xx

I had it really really bad with DS2 from 16 weeks. I couldn't walk at all at times, had to sleep on the couch a few nights and get my 7 year old to lock up :(

I have it again this time but so far bar a few bad bouts its not as bad.

As pp said chiropractor was a god send. I had to go to her every week for a few weeks then once a month for the end. I got instant relief and the pain only came back when I undid it myself.

Then and now if I hoover or mop or sweep or push the trolly around or drive to long it flares up again esp if I over do it. If I am already in pain and do any of these things I end up in agony and cannot walk at all.

They said to keep you legs together as much you can (bit late for that now!!!! LOL!!) such as getting in and out of the car and bed.

I'm 20 weeks now and it has eased off, dunno if its cause I know what to and what not to do this time around or if its just not as bad.

Do refered me to physio and they were terrible (my ones were anyway). Just told me what was wrong with me and gave me an exercise sheet to do which I couldn't cause I was in agony and told me to get a belt (which did not help me I was too far gone in pain).

So in a nut shell, keep you legs together, don't over do anything like hoovering, pushing or walking or driving & don't let it flare up too bad cause then nothing helps only days and days of rest.

Good luck :)

Yes :( I mainly feel pain in my lower back and hips, it's especially sore after periods of standing or walking, though even turning in bed can be agony. I've been prescribed a lower dose co-codamol but I only take it when absolutely necessary. I self referred to maternity physio also, that could be an option for you?

Had it bad with my first and suffered terribly after giving birth. Was on bed rest for 48 hours and unable to move or lift my baby, then crutches for 6 weeks and very strong pain killers (midwives failed to see spd in my notes at put my legs in all the wrong positions).

This time it started up pretty much straight away. It's manageable but there. Certain activities can make it worse. I've heard seeing a chiropractor can help. Haven't looked into it myself yet as i'm managing ok and I don't have the time!

Thanks ladies! I spoke to my doctor and he said that's what it sounds like I have, and will do a test for it when I see him next week. Mine doesn't seem to be too bad if I take it easy, so I'm hoping since I'm just about done working then it won't get much worse.

My doctor said there's not much you can do about it but I'm glad some of you mentioned a chiropractor. I've never been to one before but I'll be sure to mention it to him when I go get checked.

My biggest concern is delivery!! I wanted to deliver naturally and drug free but from some of the stories I've read, that might not be an option so I guess I have to keep my mind open :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->