Anyone fancy a small north west meet? Maybe Burnley?

thelilbump

♥ mummy to a princess ♥
Reaction score
Anyone fancy a north west meet? As i kno there are a few of us that don't live in the popular big city area (Manchester/liverpool) how about somewhere smaller like blackpool/preston/chorley/ burnley kind of thing? Open to suggestions.

Just a thought anyway :flower:

Id be up for that hun...im in wakefield...so im up for it :) xx

me tooooooooooooooooooo:thumbup:

depending on when it is i can maybe arrange to come to my dads that day so i can come if that would be ok

Lou
xxx

:happydance: more of you replied than i expected yay!! :hugs:

has anyone thoughts on any good places to go? I was thinking somewhere good for the kids but struggling for ideas tbh so might be coffee again :lol:

I'd be up for it but I'm useless of thinking of places too lol

id be up for it! theres a few nice places around brunley that has things for kids to do and adults can have coffee just depends where people want to travel to! x

I'd be up for it! I always feel gutted when there are big city meet ups as I don't drive. I could make it to anything within bus route? Live in Gt Harwood which is near Blackburn, but Burnley would be easy to get to.
Trying to think of things to do though, there's stuff for older kids like Wacky Warehouse etc in Burnley. If it was a nice day there's Townley park?

I kno i've been trying to thing of things to do. All i've thought of so far is

1) Blackpool Zoo but it might be difficult to get to for some as it's a bit of a walk from T. Station

2) Theres a giddy kids thing in Preston, again don't beleive it's near a train station though

3) Theres another kind of childrens play centre in Chorley but i have yet to investigate that 1.

I can get to Burnley but I have no idea whats in Burnley as i've never been before.

Don't think there is all that much in Burnley tbh. There is a place called Giddy Kippers or something in Colne, but I don't think it's near a bus route. I'll have a word with OH later and see if he has any ideas.

Don't think there is all that much in Burnley tbh. There is a place called Giddy Kippers or something in Colne, but I don't think it's near a bus route. I'll have a word with OH later and see if he has any ideas.

giddy kippers is in lomeshaye its a industrial estate and the bus stops right out side! its really good inside to!

theres little monkeys in colne

theres townley park in burnley with a bus route

theres pendle hertagie center in barrowford and barrowford park with bus route

wacky warehouse queen vic pub with indoor play area in burnley all these are on bus routes and theres plenty more to do

i live jst outside my friend has a two year old and we go out 3 times a week to diff places ! xx

what do you think to this girls, maybe we should do a poll of places then if we can decide the town thats most suitable maybe we can decide what to do there?

Ohhh can me & josh come (if local enough) , I don't drive & don't know many places but would love to join you . I'm in padiham next to burnley :)

Wacky warehouse is ok but i wouldn't exactly spend over an hour here.
There is a family pub call sycamore farm , the kiddy bit isn't huge but seperate from everyone else & you can watch your kids from the table :) The prices are better it's more family orientated & the food is fab, could quite easily spend a few hrs chatting here ( hot choc cake is to die for ! lol )
Giddy kippers is great but no good for quite young children i believe (never been though),
Townley park would be great IF it's a nice day as its a huge field & outdoor park so would need to be a nice day.

when were you all thinking of doing it ? x

giddy kippers had a baby bit now hun which is good! and has well big slides for older kids!

sycamore farm has the best cakes ever!

theres also queen vic or thompsons park! depending on the weather! theres a fake beach down there at the mo! x

Sounding good :happydance: How far are these places from the train station? What are everyone elses thoughts on Burnley? (meeting there i mean :blush:)

Any day preferable to people? A week day is going to be best i guess, how about towards the end of august/beginning of september or is that too soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->