Anyone fancy a small north west meet? Maybe Burnley?

The main station in burnley is "burnley manchester road" so anyone going by train is best aiming for this, BUT there is also burnley central it's just not used as much anymore.

The only place directly in burnley itself would be wacky warehouse which is opposite the manchester road train station .

I haven't a clue how to get to giddy kippers as its outside burnley so someone else will be needed on this bit.

If deciding on townley then a short walk from the train station to the bus station (down hill :) ) and a bus can be caught to towneley gardens. Taxis there are roughly £3 per black cab.

If choosing the sycamore farm place, then it would be a taxi from the bus station as this is in a little place called rosegrove just outside burnley itself, Either black cab or private can be sorted i think the cost is around £4-£5 per cab. So we could share the price.
I can defo recommend this place for the food, & cakes :) the carvery they do is just omg beyond words lol

End of august or early september is fine by me, doesn't exactly matter what day to me either but to pick i'd choose a wednesday :)

ps .. I can meet ppl at train stations providing you aint coming to both at the same time lol

thats great info thanks hunny :hugs:

Sharing a cab would be fine by me though i'll have my pram so it'd have to be a black cab i guess.

I would be up for this but depends where final location is going to be :) as Burnley may be abit of a trek for me :)

southports one of them places isn't it - central but not! I take it you don't drive either?

I do drive yes but dont trust my car to go that far lol its an old banger :)

if ypu decided sycamore farm you could get the train to rosegrove then its less than 5 min walk down to the pub! giddy kippers would mean a bus from the bus station!

as dizy moo said theres wacky warehouse right across from the train station! its ok kids can play and theres tables to have coffee or drinks!

wen im at mums im 5 min from the train station so can meet any1 to! x

i've never heard of Rosegrove :dohh: there does appear to be train from here though :happydance:

I do drive yes but dont trust my car to go that far lol its an old banger :)

I don't know where the easiest train station would be for you to drive to, Preston maybe? Still means a drive and then train for you though :shrug:

Ohh, didn't know Giddy Kippers was on Bus route, thanks for that. There is a baby bit there, but you have to constantly tell older kids to get out as they seem to think its fun to throw themselves around in the tiny space. Not good for the little ones!
Isn't there a train station nearer to Rosegrove? Burnley Barracks is it? Would mean a bit of a walk to Sycamore farm but not too far. Would be good to have a look there as I haven't been before! Wacky warehouse is ok but as far as I remember there is no bit for babies? Smells a bit too, haha!
I think a poll would be a good idea, then we can decide on a date. I'd make one but I have no idea how! I can do most days.

well i can add a poll to the OP but i can only do it once on this thread. I'll put burnley as the destination as there seems to be a few of us but maybe a another option aswell just incase.

I do think i saw a burnley baracks stop on the trains website. I have absolutly no idea where i'm going though so would someone meet me at the t station pleaseeee :blush:

rosegrove is the nearest station you walk down lierpool rd and the pubs there its only 5 mins if that walk from the station to sycamore farm! but the play area there isnt good some of the games for olde children you have to pay but theres bits of soft play for babys and things its not like a wacky inside! x

this is the sycamore farm web site

https://www.sycamorefarmpub.co.uk/index.htm

this is giddy kippers

https://www.giddy-kippers.com/

Just trying to figure out how to add poll to OP :dohh: I can't seem to see the option now!

Sorry, I had to make the poll on a seperate thread, here you go https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-meets/173468-north-west-meet-poll-possibly-burnley.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->