Anyone feel they are not doing nearly enough exercise?

B

Belle25

I keep meaning to do more than I do, but I just never do. Then I feel guilty as I know its important. :dohh:

What are you all doing to keep fit?
xx

Me, I don't do barely anything.. I don't have anything to do during the day so probably about 3 days a week I end up staying in all day.. :dohh:

What I lack in exercise I make up for with housework.

Yer I'm still at work so I tend to find that whacks me out Mon - Fri...

Weekends I'm nesting crazy in a house were renovating so there is always clearing up etc to do and that is exercise enough for me! I honestly don't know where people get the energy to do over and above! I take my hat off to them!!

I've been useless the last couple of weeks with having 1001 things to do last week and having the lurgy this week. Dying to at least go for a swim but I'm just so wiped out it's not gonna happen!

I am managing to walk the dog everyday but some days its a real struggle. I hope its enough with housework as well as I have no energy after that. :flower:

yep, i really need to up my exercise but i cannot due to SPD

at 6 months i hiked dartmoor, 7 months i was doing 10miles a day on the heathland, 8 months i was still getting out the the local park and round the block with the dogs..

but the past 2 weeks i have struggled to even walk to the car and the park at the end of the road takes for ever....... i really miss my independance and mobility

Excercise kept putting me into labor! It gets strong BH and contractions every time!
NO worries. I got slim right after baby w/ no working out! I simply breast fed. That will get you back to prepregnancy clothes quick. I started when LO was a few years old instead and was a health nut. I went 5-6x a week until about 5 mo pregnant. I shed it down from 6x to 4x many weeks, but towards the end of 5-6mo. I started having pre-term labor symptoms. I ended up in the hospital 2x for it. I really think we are supposed to rest while pregnant! I don't think we are supposed to do too much.

I've heard excercise in pregnancy is important for bone health and lots of important things like that...
But I am not doing any.... I only go out a few times a week, do a bit of walking and go to a yoga class but the yoga is very light yoga.
I just find the smallest things tire me out, I cleaned the living room and kitchen today and now I feel like a wreck, my sciatica/lower back pain is 100X worse.
Oh well, will try and get fit after the baby comes :)

I had a massive bleed when I was 11 weeks that lasted for a month. At that time they told me to avoid any strenous activities to avoid placental abruption. Since then I have been fine, but really don't do any sort of 'exercise'. I'm still working, but my job is typically ~75% desk work, but I figure 25% is better than nothing!

I'm rubbish! I walk the dogs occasionally if my OH doesn't have time to do it, or I will go with him at weekends. I probably walk in total about 30 mins a day to and from the station and tube station. I did a lot of walking yesterday as one station was closed and I was trying to find a pair of shoes for a wedding, I worked out I'd walked about 3 miles. And oh my god my back and feet after. I'm so achy. I bet if I'd done more exercise throughout pregnancy it wouldn't be so bad. It's made me feel crap to be honest!

I do as much as I can which is mostly a small amount of walking (to the shop for milk etc) and then housework each day. I get Braxton Hicks and trouble breathing if I do more than that. Exercise just isnt a possibility for some pregnant women but I do agree its important to do what you can. x

30 minutes of walking on a treadmill or elliptical a few times a week. I get bored when I'm not walking outdoors, so I read while i'm on the machine. Time flies by!

To all you folks who are managing to exercise during pregnancy,... I envy you! Since 5 weeks along, I've been short of breath, and I had such bad stretching pains when I went for walks that I avoided it for the most part. Now, my "exercise" is walking through a large store, and once we get from one end to the other, I'm ready to go home ....or at least sit down. Man, the back pain is terrible. So, my answer is gonna have to be...

"Exercise? What's that?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->