Anyone Feeling Their PMA is Starting to Dip?

Feisty Fidget

Rainbow Baby
Reaction score
Lost our LO about 5 weeks ago and we decided to start trying as soon as the bleeding stopped (two midwives advised this would be fine).

I have been recording my BBT and using OPK daily but the results are all over the place. I have ovulation issues meaning we conceived with clomid and I was hoping the pregnancy would cure this but still waiting for ovulation or the :witch: to show. It is beginning to really get to me as I stupidly told myself we would conceive by Christmas and now I feel like a failure :cry:

I did the same thing! Completely convinced myself we'd conceive 1st try and be safe in 2nd trimester by Christmas. Now it's 3 cycles later and I've completely lost faith in a bfp any time soon. :( It's so hard, isn't it? I guess the best you can do is expect the worst but hope for the best. The bfns get easier that way, even though they are still such a disappointment. Maybe it would help you to forget about temping for a while and just bd every other day? Have you had a bfn or a check-up after your mc? And are you going to go back on clomid once you had your first AF? I know it's so hard but I think if you get away from the idea that it must happen before [insert deadline here] then you'll be much more relaxed and happier with the whole process. Wishing you a really speedy bfp though! :dust:

I would agree with amygala, I have given up being pregnant by my due date and stopped ttc. I realise now what a toll it was taking on my relationship with my OH.But if someone had told me that after my mc in july , i probably would have hit them.

I am going to keep going with the OPK as I am going straight back on the clomid once the :witch: arrives so I need it for comparison.

I am trying to tell myself not to expect to be pregnant by...... I have even quit my job risking being without maternity leave if I fall pregnant soon believing it's not going to happen but obviously I am hoping that we will fall pregnant soon. I feel so torn :cry:

Also with regards to dtd every other night, it is just too much! The last time was last Saturday :cry:

I have to agree. I cant dtd every other night. Its too much for us. But when I 'feel' like ovualtion is approaching we try to dtd every other day and then maybe 2 days in a row.....but thats pushing it! :lol:

Feisty, first...I am sorry for your loss. Second, it took 3 cycles after my MC to get my cycles a little more stable. I, for one, started soy isoflavones this cycle and it made me O on CD14.......CD14!!! How awesome! Anyway, its just a thought if you are not using clomid in the fututre and of course, like everything else, it works different on everyone.

Hows this for feeling like an ass:

I started our first annual Christmas letter last December and in the very last line of the letter states: "We are hoping to expand our family during the new year"......Well guess what? Now what the heck do I write when it's a whole year later???
Shall I write the same line (and people will know we are still trying) or not saying anything (and people will think we have given up).

Now I feel like an ass because who knew it would take me this long to have a baby to show!?.......

:hugs: to you and :dust: for a soon to be sticky baby!!!

I started our first annual Christmas letter last December and in the very last line of the letter states: "We are hoping to expand our family during the new year"......Well guess what? Now what the heck do I write when it's a whole year later???
Shall I write the same line (and people will know we are still trying) or not saying anything (and people will think we have given up).

Now I feel like an ass because who knew it would take me this long to have a baby

I totally know how you feel! I told a friend that we'd be ttc in the summer last year. She doesn't know about my mc and can't, as I don't want my parents to know just yet (it would have been their first grandchild and knowing would have broken their hearts). Anyway, she keeps asking me whether I'm pregnant yet, every time we catch up every few months. And it totally sucks to have to say "Na, not yet." and pretend to not be bothered by it. Anyway, I would just not mention it in the letter. Chances are most people will have forgotten about that comment and those who remember will hopefully have enough tact not to ask.

Thanks! I really didnt know what to say or not say........I have a cousin that sound slike that......every time we talk she jokes about DH's sperm finding its way yet.......lol

I know how u feel...after 18 months and 6 failed pregnancies..feels like its never gona happen :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->