Anyone from Milton Keynes?

charliea85

Mum to Riley
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone else is from Milton Keynes I am pregnant with my first and could do with a buddy or 2.... :)

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone else is from Milton Keynes I am pregnant with my first and could do with a buddy or 2.... :)

i was but have not long moved to germany i know there are lots of ladies on here from mk and the surpunding areas tho:)

Hiya, I'm from Leighton Buzzard. And this is my first baby too. When is your due date? Mine is on 24 nov.

Hi,
I am from Milton Keynes and my due date is 2nd Oct as well.
Not sure if you researched on Milton Keynes maternity yet.
I am not yet very confident abt their services, but my midwife( lazy lady) and consultant say that "we are not worser than any other hospital in the nation and the only one to have 1 on 1 care during established labour".

Their board report says the same, but also says that they are understaffed.
My friends who gave birth in 2008 had only bad things to say. But apparently things have changed now!.

So my suggestion will be to research and read a LOT on your own. Do not depend on your midwife for anything. I had a lolvey midwife Mark Hacking, but I moved and now stuck with a nightmare lady! She ticked off a lot of thing as explained and written notes that somethings as discussed, while in each of her sessions just took 1/2 sec urine read and then scribbled in the green notes made up stuff! Imagine my surprise when I casually read the notes one afternoon and came to know that she had discussed a ton with me! I am going to give her a chance to rectify it in the next meeting and if she is rude then will complain and change midwives!

So again...research, read and be ready.

Sorry for scaring you if I did, I just want u to be as cautious as one can be...its for our babies and us and its our first time as well.

Good luck!

Hi,
I am from Milton Keynes and my due date is 2nd Oct as well.
Not sure if you researched on Milton Keynes maternity yet.
I am not yet very confident abt their services, but my midwife( lazy lady) and consultant say that "we are not worser than any other hospital in the nation and the only one to have 1 on 1 care during established labour".

Their board report says the same, but also says that they are understaffed.
My friends who gave birth in 2008 had only bad things to say. But apparently things have changed now!.

So my suggestion will be to research and read a LOT on your own. Do not depend on your midwife for anything. I had a lolvey midwife Mark Hacking, but I moved and now stuck with a nightmare lady! She ticked off a lot of thing as explained and written notes that somethings as discussed, while in each of her sessions just took 1/2 sec urine read and then scribbled in the green notes made up stuff! Imagine my surprise when I casually read the notes one afternoon and came to know that she had discussed a ton with me! I am going to give her a chance to rectify it in the next meeting and if she is rude then will complain and change midwives!

So again...research, read and be ready.

Sorry for scaring you if I did, I just want u to be as cautious as one can be...its for our babies and us and its our first time as well.

Good luck!

Hi ya,

Oohh our due date is 3 days apart (im due on Oct 5th)
Where abouts in MK are you? Im near Newport Pagnell / New Bradwell area.
Yes Ive heard lots of scary stories about MK Maternity and am in the process of deciding whether to travel to Stoke Mandeville hospital in Aylesbury as it is only about a 30 min journey and apparently have the best Maternity and Neonatal services so I think its worth the 30 min journey. I want it to be as best an experiance as possible and one where I trust my baby to be in safe hands after birth.

Im 26 and this is my first so its all a bit daunting and there are so many things to consider.

Hiya charliea85. How are u? Sorry for the late reply. Dont know why I can't reply u in our conversation box . Maybe I'm still a new member to this forum. Have you got man or yahoo messenger? Is easy if we chat there. =] it was so good to meet a bump mate here.=]

Hiya charliea85. How are u? Sorry for the late reply. Dont know why I can't reply u in our conversation box . Maybe I'm still a new member to this forum. Have you got man or yahoo messenger? Is easy if we chat there. =] it was so good to meet a bump mate here.=]

hi adeline im from mk i live neark kingston shopping precint :)

Sorry too butt in but I have just moved from MK but my LO was born at MK hospital and I had no problems and the overall experience was good. I just wish my partner could of stayed a bit longer and being induced I was on a wars with all the mums and babies already. Also my midwife there was called Petra and was lovely :) good luck ladies and don't believe every thing u read. PM me if u need any help x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->