Anyone from the UK ordered from Babyhawk?

dom85

Mum of 2, 3rd on the way
Reaction score
I cant find one I like from a UK seller with the pocket and long straps! Did you have to pay customs fees and roughly how long did it take to receive it?

i've not ordered from there myself but have bought from the US. Customs is pretty much pot luck, you are more likely to get hit when buying from a vendor though as it will look more professional and will no doubt be marked up correctly on the forms. Some of the second hand slings i have bought i have had marked up as second hand baby cloth so it reads as clothes and i think that has helped. On the other hand i have had some things sent in very professional boxes all marked up and they got through without charges too. Delivery has usually took 10 days from posting but can take longer if caught up in customs (or if there's a natural disaster or something). I would email them to ask what the waiting times are like, the mamas that run it are very nice x

p.s do you know you can send your own fabric in for a complete custom too? ;)

I ordered a long strap version from Slumber-roo it took a little while to come but it's ace and you only pay the value they quote you. No harm in asking if they order pockets etc too.

Oh yeah, duh me! There are quite a few vendors that you can place a custom order through when they're ordering stock, you usually see them advertise on the natural mamas board or through the tahoo group ukbabywearingswap. Slumber-roo are fab but if Debi isn't about to put an order in (i think she just got new stock), try babalicious or ask on nms or yahoo. There is one vendor i would avoid personally from experience and others' experience but would rather not slate her on the board, feel free to pm me though x

I got my custom by pre-ordering with a UK shop and got a discount, as 4boys said keep looking on the WAHM FSOT section of NM. It does mean waiting a bit longer, but no getting stung with customs.

i did it. it took a while to come but no custom fees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->