Anyone from the uk - Scotland specifically? Re booking app?

LynneK

Reaction score
Hey girls, is anyone from the UK and knows the process that happens for your booking app? I've just spoken to my GP today and she will make the referral to the maternity services for me but I wondered what happens now?

Do the maternity services send you a letter/call to make the app? Any advice?
I've moved out of mums but never changed my address and I'm petrified my letter goes to mums and she finds out before I can tell her!!

Hi hon, I am in Edinburgh and was referred to the midwife via my GP. The midwives sent me a letter with my booking apt and scan details in. It took about 10 days to get to me after my doctors appointment.

Can you contact your doctor and update your address or ask them not to refer you, so that you can contact the midwives yourself?

I can't remember if my letter had anything obvious on the envelope, but I do remember my 20 week scan letter had something like department of radiology on it.

I'll contact them first thing in the morning just incase! I just.don't want the letter to spoil the surprise - we only moved in to our own place recently (after owning and doing it up for what seemed like forever!)

Gd idea about contacting them myself, not sure where I would contact but I suppose I could ask the doc to tell me! X

Funny how it differs even within the same city - As soon as I got my positive pregnancy test, I had to phone the midwives directly, didn't have to go to the doc at all, and got my booking in appointment and my 12 week scan date right there on the phone.

Hi Lynne,

My doctor gave me an appt to see my midwife at around 5w, who then gave me another date to come back for my booking in appt. I received my letter to go for a scan at around 10w.

This was with my last pregnancy. This time the midwife won't let me make an appt until I am 8w.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->