Anyone Geocache?

Avalanche

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone here does geocaching? I started today for the first time and found two with LO. Really enjoyed it! We're off to find some more in the morning, I can't believe how many there are around me!

For anyone who doesn't know what geocaching is, it's a big treasure hunt game where you find containers with objects inside them. When you find one you leave an object, take an object and write a note for the next person to find. :)

Map here to see how many are near you:

https://www.geocaching.com/map/beta/default.aspx?lat=57.652183&lng=-3.336483

I heard about this a few years ago and I'd love to do it.. but never get around to finding the time/energy/motivation.. like so many other things :dohh:

I have it on my iphone. I do plan to take the girls soon. I think they are old enough now.

Yeah we've done a few! It's just quite a good excuse to get out and about for a countryside walk for us, although we've done a few town ones too.

my oh does! he thinks its ace... me on the other hand is not so bothered but once is older i may change my mind

that sounds realy fun but whats to stop someone spoiling it by either not playing fair or someone just finding it by accident and ruining it.

Think ill have to look more into this as I need something to get us out for walks more often.

ive loooooooooooads near me. i looked into it before but never got round to it as my phone didnt have GPS. Does now though :)

I just seen theres a couple right by me on the river path at the back of where I live, this looks so fun I might go out later and have a look :)
It looks like there is a whole series of riverpath ones and we are often walking up and down the river.

People could steal/trash them but it would be a lot of effort to find them with the purpose of doing that :) most people walk past caches all the time but dont know that they are there. If a cache gets damaged then the owner will repair it.

Went looking for a nano cache (very small) today and couldn't find it at all! Doesn't help it was somewhere in the town centre so I looked like a plunker rummaging around in a flower bed :rofl:

I need help finding one, this sad face is supposed to be seen on google earth near my mums and then you look near there but I cant find the dam face :)

Can someone have a look and see of they can see what I cant.
This is what your ment to be seeing
https://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=cb43477f-1d18-44e3-b9fa-5a829b854571
and the map for the area
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=N+51°+26.979+W+000°+27.650+(GC268N2)+

I think there is somthing in the clue that im just not getting.

Nevermind, I found it by accident once id given up and started looking for something else, typical :)

I found one today, a small one under a tree. I stomped around for ages last night not finding it and this morning it had been right under my feet :dohh:

My first 2 were rather easy which got me hooked and now I'm getting frustrated when I can't find something!

One cache is in my town centre and the clue is 'if flowers could walk, they'd need....'

how do you get the clues??
There is one in the field behind my mum x i think my nieces would love this & something nice to do on a boring sunday afternoon x

Reedy, go to their website, lots of hints and tips and advice.

Found one today that eluded me yesterday :thumbup: Trying to find a 4.5 difficulty rating one now and comments are like 'only seen this type of cache once before'. 'Totally ingenious and tiny'. Not sure how much success I'll have.

There was something on bbc breakfast a couple of weeks ago where they did a controlled explosion of a cache because it was hidden under a bin or something and a member of the public saw someone placing a package there and thought it was a bomb lol.

I've heard about this but never looked into it - sounds like fun! Might have to give it a try because there seem to be lots near me :)

I did wonder if that might happen! They are supposed to say on the outside - non harmful contents, geocache. Or something to that effect.

I found one today, a small one under a tree. I stomped around for ages last night not finding it and this morning it had been right under my feet :dohh:

My first 2 were rather easy which got me hooked and now I'm getting frustrated when I can't find something!

One cache is in my town centre and the clue is 'if flowers could walk, they'd need....'

Can you link the cache?

Iv become addicted and im blaiming you (so is my husband, mother and father) :)
I went out today to find my first one and found it easy but shame that my first one had to be ruined by some idiot who had peed in the box and scattered the contents.
Didnt stop me though I went hunting some others and going back out again tomorrow :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->