Anyone Geocache?

Found one today that eluded me yesterday :thumbup: Trying to find a 4.5 difficulty rating one now and comments are like 'only seen this type of cache once before'. 'Totally ingenious and tiny'. Not sure how much success I'll have.

We are going out to one on Saturday thats ment to be realy hard to get to and apperantly could result in injury or embaressment :)
I probably wont even attempt it but im intreaged by why itrs ment to be so hard to get to

Im confused! But intrigued! lol.
Theres some right near my boyfriends house!

So, do I look for a small box with a gift of some sort in? and leave a gift in return?!
x

Yep Fay. You find a box which can be any size. Go to the geocaching.com website for hints and clues then when you find a box (usually well hidden under stones, foliage, bark, etc) you can leave it or take something and leave something in return. Either way write in the notebook to say you were there and if you want you can write on the website too.

Some items will have codes on them and these are called trackables. You enter the code online and it will tell you where it's come from. Right now I have a wooden disk that started off in Georgia, USA :thumbup:

Im confused! But intrigued! lol.
Theres some right near my boyfriends house!

So, do I look for a small box with a gift of some sort in? and leave a gift in return?!
x

If you register on the website you get access to a set of co-ordinates to go with the clues. The idea is that you put those into your smartphone and they should take you close to where the cache is. Some are tiny and will contain just a paper for you to sign. Others might contain items you can take but you must replace it with something of equal or greater value. The rules of the game are on the site - I've just registered and can't wait to get going!!!

we geocach, its great fun and weve found many new walks. how do you navigate? we use an app on iphone

I navigate using my iPhone 3. Not the best, but it's ok.

I found the 4.5 difficulty one tonight but a friend had to show me it :dohh: it was hanging over a bridge on invisible wire, in some ivy and the size of a fingernail. Kind of think it takes the fun out of geocaching tbh!

I've found 7 so far, how's everyone else doing?

I'm having a go for the first time ever with my brother (whos a geo-addict) and his children tomorrow. Is a hand GPS essential??

Right im getting fed up with this one to the point of going insane :)
Went to a couple of cemeteries today but doesnt look like we have found the right one yet.
If anyone could look at it and see if they come up with any ideas would be greatfull (before I kill off hubby for making me do this one) :)

https://www.geocaching.com/seek/cac...78-1f31-4845-8db6-52a01bb20b9c&log=y&decrypt=

Bumping! We found our first today and started collecting co-ords for another.

I can see myself getting hooked - good exercise for me with LO on my back though :)

Ooooo hello thread!

I might start up again now I'm living in Vegas :happydance:

My brother used to do it, we went with him a few times and we found one in a log lol and one in a bird house in a random tree, my dad had to climb the tree to get it out.

We've found loads, the best one was a nano cache. You wouldn't of known it was there, even with the gps lol. It was attached to the back of a gate on the metal hinge. It was a magnetic one. So awesome.

oh yes! not in a while tho, been too pregnanty and stuff :haha:

My DH and I used to geocache alllll the time, we loved it! Haven't been for a few years but would love to do it again with LO once he gets a little older. :) xx

I have recently started doing this again with my baby and am really excited and was wondering if anyone else on this site does it! It's a good way to shed the baby weight and to do something different during the day with my LO! :)

My DH and I used to geocache a bit, but we've gotten busy with other things that we don't go as much. Last time, DH and I had some fun caching with one of my BFFs and his daughter.

im so intrigued by this! I dont have an i phone so how am I supposed to find them?
what do I do once ive found it?

You can use an android smartphone or GPS device instead :thumbup: Once there, you sign the log and can swap goodies if the cache is big enough. Check out geocaching.com, it has a great FAQ section.

Took my mum to find her first cache today - she's brazen LOL. It was a half-nano and she did brilliantly!

This has give me an idea of what to do today! Off to check website!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->