Anyone get PIH without pre eclampsia??

franm101

Reaction score
I am trying to be positive here as my Ob has assured me since I was diagnosed with Pregnancy induced hypertension at 26weeks that I am doomed for Pre eclampsia and early delivery. He has put me on a good dose of BP meds and daily aspirin but says thats likely to not help me now as I should have had the aspirin from around 14weeks. This is pregnancy #9 and I have had 5 live normal deliveries and this will be #6 all to the same dad. NEVER had any symptoms of pre eclampsia or hypertension in my life so this is all very new to me. Any sharing is greatly appreciated...TIA :)

hi fran i cant offer any help but just wanted to say hi i was wondering where you were.xxx

I had PIH and never got pre-eclampsia. My bp was pretty high when I delivered though, my doctor didn't put me on anything for it, I just got sent out of work a few weeks early and put on modified bedrest and as soon as I delivered, it went back down. Your OB is way more aggressive with it than mine was. How high is your blood pressure running? Maybe that is why....

I had PIH and never got pre-eclampsia. My bp was pretty high when I delivered though, my doctor didn't put me on anything for it, I just got sent out of work a few weeks early and put on modified bedrest and as soon as I delivered, it went back down. Your OB is way more aggressive with it than mine was. How high is your blood pressure running? Maybe that is why....

Hi Eclipse!! Thats good to know thankyou!! How early did your bp go up?? My highest has been 156/106 :) Since then and on meds its been 130-152/80-92:)

Hi Fran! No experience, but your bp numbers on meds look good.

My midwife said that it's the bottom number that concerns them and going over 100 is when they get concerned and get you on meds. Hope the meds continue to work and that PE stays away!!

Hi Fran! No experience, but your bp numbers on meds look good.

My midwife said that it's the bottom number that concerns them and going over 100 is when they get concerned and get you on meds. Hope the meds continue to work and that PE stays away!!

Thanks hun yeah the OB said over 160 systolic (top number) and 100 diastolic (bottom number) so I am just sitting on the verges with the meds :)

I had pre-eclampsia in my first and second pregnancies (plus eclampsia and HELLP in my second) but only had PIH (and GD) this time.

My BP this time was about the same as your numbers, was put on meds due to my history.

If I can do it, you can too :D

Cut down on cafeine, sugar and eat a good healthy diet with LOADS of veggies, I think it helped me keep my BP down.

I had pre-eclampsia in my first and second pregnancies (plus eclampsia and HELLP in my second) but only had PIH (and GD) this time.

My BP this time was about the same as your numbers, was put on meds due to my history.

If I can do it, you can too :D

Cut down on cafeine, sugar and eat a good healthy diet with LOADS of veggies, I think it helped me keep my BP down.

Thankyou for another positive story! I eat pretty healthy but do have my one coffee a day in the morning. Keeps me sane :)

Hi
My BP went up very high at spot on 38 weeks, 160 over 110 - they put me on labetalol twice a day straight away. I had to be monitored for preeclampsia and have baby's heartbeat checked at the hospital every other day but I never got preeclampsia or went into labour early. They took me in to be induced at 11 days overdue but induction drugs wouldn't work, eventually had planned c-section at 42+2 with no labour whatsoever.
Just rested with feet up and took it easy and avoided salt. It was creeping back up when they were trying to induce me due to the stress so I asked for c-section rather than increase the drugs.
They were happy with me as long as I managed to keep bottom BP number under 100.
Good luck
Love Karen
xxx

Hi
My BP went up very high at spot on 38 weeks, 160 over 110 - they put me on labetalol twice a day straight away. I had to be monitored for preeclampsia and have baby's heartbeat checked at the hospital every other day but I never got preeclampsia or went into labour early. They took me in to be induced at 11 days overdue but induction drugs wouldn't work, eventually had planned c-section at 42+2 with no labour whatsoever.
Just rested with feet up and took it easy and avoided salt. It was creeping back up when they were trying to induce me due to the stress so I asked for c-section rather than increase the drugs.
They were happy with me as long as I managed to keep bottom BP number under 100.
Good luck
Love Karen
xxx

Thankyou Karen! Im glad all went well for you in the end. Im hoping for the same results just hope I can hold out that long. My Ob has said if I last that long he will induce me at 37weeks as the meds and stress arent good for bubz either :)

Good luck, hope you can hold on! Just spend lots of time with your feet up and don't worry xxx

hi there, i had pih with my daughter and absolutely no swelling or protein. In the end I was taken in 3 times and on the 3rd visit in I was induced a week early. I know during labour by bp shot up too, the lower figure was well over 100 which was the main issue. I did manage to give birth naturally but it was an awful clinically managed labour and birth. I had no probs at all with my second baby and now, 3rd time around with my second hubby and 8 yrs later my pih is back! Currently Im on home monitoring and my mw isnt too worried but i have a hospital ap on monday and Ive a feeling I may start to need help to get to the end of this lo, im up to 140/90 consistantly but my booking in bp was 120/85 so there isnt a huge rise yet.xx

I had essential hypertension (not medicated) and during pregnancy it crept up and up. They put me on drugs for it but struggled to control it. My son was delivered at 36+6 by emergency c-section after they tried to induce labour and Finlay went into distress. BTW the early induction was because the fluid had all gone and he had stopped growing at 35 weeks, not because of the BP. I never developed pre eclampsia, and they checked me for it CONSTANTLY. LOL.

Another tip to keep BP down is to drink plenty of water. Lots of fresh fruit and veg, and if you're able, some gentle exercise such as walking is good.

Good luck. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->