Anyone got an Ocah and if so....

redpoppy

Reaction score
What are they like and why are they good?
:flower:

which style are you talking about? There are loads of options sorry!

wrap straps, duo straps, padded straps, flat hood, ruched hood, no hood, padded waist, unpadded, clipee, 2 layer conversions, 3 layer conversions, plain wrap conversions, hybrid which have a fabric panel...it's easier to talk about particular features than to say all ocahs are good. I've had a standard wrap strapped conversion, a duo strapped pod, a duo strapped conversion and a duo strapped clipee. Oh and the tula but they're not being made yet.

p.s i hope i haven't just fried your brain, i know how much there is to take in at first, before i bought my first sling i spent days just soaking up information

which style are you talking about? There are loads of options sorry!

wrap straps, duo straps, padded straps, flat hood, ruched hood, no hood, padded waist, unpadded, clipee, 2 layer conversions, 3 layer conversions, plain wrap conversions, hybrid which have a fabric panel...it's easier to talk about particular features than to say all ocahs are good. I've had a standard wrap strapped conversion, a duo strapped pod, a duo strapped conversion and a duo strapped clipee. Oh and the tula but they're not being made yet.

Well if you have one, you can tell me which one it is and why you like it. :mrgreen:

What makes the ones you have good?

i don't have one atm but i am on the lookout for another. The wrap strapped one was fab when Ethan was a smaller baby but by 6/7 months i found that it used to dig a bit if i wore for several hours, fine for an hour or so. The pod i loved for legs in carries, i used to sit him in it and wrap the straps round his bum rather than under his legs if it was cool, he got too big to be doing this by 7 months though. The duo straps were the only thing that worked for me when Ethan hit 8 months (except the kleinsmekker which was tres expensive), the padding is just right and the wrap part of the straps brought him in nice and snug, i switched to padded waists at this point too as no padding just didn't give me the support i needed. The clipee (buckle waist) is good because i find i sometimes undo the wrong straps when getting him out, there are less knots to dig in when you sit back on a chair and it's marginally quicker to put on. I find an ocah with duo straps is a good all rounder and will last a long time. Kerry (who makes them) has recently started doing 3 layer versions to give more support for toddlers, she also does different body sizes, and has done different strap widths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->