Anyone had braces as an adult

sparkle_1979

Mum to Ruby born Oct 2009
Reaction score
I really dislike my teeth. My child twice has head butted me and now they're not straight and I hate them..

I know I'm going to have to go private but I was wondering if anyone knows what it costs ? I've googled but I'm getting all sorts

Thx :)

Your child must have done considerable trauma to cause your teeth to be crooked....?

Yes I went straight to my dentist who said he thought it would go back in time, it didn't

I didn't have perfect teeth anyways

I've been looking into it as well, it's something I really want sometime in the near future. Like you I was curious of the cost but from researching a bit I've found that there is no real set price and it depends on your teeth, how bad they are etc. It seems a lot of dentists offer a free consultation though and they can probably give you a rough price then from looking at your teeth.

I don't but a close friend does. She hated her teeth and has had braces for quite a while now. I'm not sure exactly how much but it's about £3000 last time she mentioned cost, that was about a year ago now though. Any dentist should be happy to give you a rough guide but it will only be a guide as sometimes these things take longer than they should. My friend was going to have her braces off last month but things still hadn't quite moved to exactly where they are supposed to be.

If you have to go private anyway you can get invisible braces or braces on the back of your teeth for basically the same price. I think it's like £4k? Then again you might even be able to get veneers for a similar price if you only got your top front teeth done. I haven't had my teeth fixed and stupidly didn't as a teenager but would love to if I could addorf it.

My bestie recently had them- the invisible ones didn't work with her teeth- so she had traditional ones. I think she had them on 18mos? Shorter than expected- but she got sick of them and had them taken off early! lol. But it's been months and they are still perfectly straight. She just has to be diligent on wearing her retainer at night...

I know she didn't pay the full price of $4,500... but when we had braces on our teenager we paid about $3,000 out of pocket (after some insurance coverage).

Not as an adult but as a teen, be sure its what you really want because they are VERY painful.

I am sure... I hate my teeth it's really knocking my confidence

Not as an adult but as a teen, be sure its what you really want because they are VERY painful.

Wow, thats pretty subjective. I had no pain whatsoever, just a "bruise" feeling for a day or two after inital placement and wire change. My ortho patients all report the same.

I looked into it a year or so ago. My dentist wanted £140 for a consultation and around £2500-£3000 for the braces over around 3 years. :(

thats weird that your child caused your teeth to move. my orthodontist said i needed to wear my retainer because teeth have memory like to move back to their original spot

anyways my braces though i didnt get them as an adult, cost 5000$ but thats because i got the ceramic ones, which i dont recommend anyways

I've thought about it. I had them as a teen and I'm missing a tooth. I had an impacted tooth that sat on the one next to it and dissolved the root, so I was able to bring the impacted one down, but lost the one next to it! So instead of getting an implant at 15, my doctor felt it best (and I agreed) to move all my teeth over to hide the gap. Well I quit wearing my retainer after a few years, and now my front teeth are slightly moved to the side with the gap. I also have some no-touch points between some teeth, which makes them collect food and the gums get irritated.

We just don't have the money though.

It's depressing I know :(

I might even get something else like crowns but I need something because it's really really bothering me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->