• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone had/have PE? Worried about birth...

Tasha, I think 12h is the golden rule for most but since I'm on a much higher dose (higher than the therapeutic dose, even) I have to wait 24 or 48h. Heparin has a half life of 12h, which as I understand it means half of the drugs will be out within 12h? I could be wrong though!

Carhar, glad you got an answer that it wasn't serious though uncomfortable. I hope the pain passes quickly before you go into labour. You don't have much time left! :yipee:

Ahhhh that makes sense. I'm only on 180mg a day but they suspect I will need more as I go on. We shall see :)

They said 12hrs to me today as I'm on a reasonably low dose. I agree it varies based on dose tho.

I think my DH found a source of the pain. I seem to have developed a stretch mark over the injection site and bruise. Ouch x

Oh boo to new stretch marks! Hope they disappear quickly after the birth :hugs:

Tasha, I'm guessing you might be a similar case to mine in terms of Heparin (although I have no idea what 180g means). I have my anti-Xa tested every month and slowly had my dose increased in order to stay within a specific target range.

Petitpas you were right. Turns out I have a small infection. I did a good job of injecting a vein which has bleed causing a large lump. The burning heat I can feel is the infection.

I have been prescribed antibiotics and a mild pain killer. Fingers crossed it works and I get a better nights sleep! X

Glad you've got antibiotics and painkillers. I hope it's better soon.

Pip, sometimes they refer to it as 180mg sometimes 1.8, does that make more sense? And yes regular blood test for my Xa levels x

Oh my, Carhar! You don't do things by halfs, do you?! Fingers crossed the infection will clear up soon :hugs:

Tasha, I'm also on Fragmin. 7,500iu (international units, I think) in the morning and 10,000iu (0.4ml) at night. I'm too lazy to Google how much that is in mg right now :wacko:

Thanks. I already feel so much better for the antibiotics. I'm not sure what my dose is as your figures mean nothing to me, lol. I know it's a fairly low dose tho x

Carhar, they normally have two doses that are adjusted according to your weight. One is called the prophylactic dose. This is the dose that most people will be on to prevent clots. It is the lower dose and I am guessing this is what you are on. The treatment dose is a higher dose and is usually given to people who have just clotted and are in the treatment phase. This dose is higher. I've been put on a slightly higher dose than eventhe treatment dose due to my clotting and recurrent miscarriage history and I am guessing that Tasha is in a similar situation to me. It's a bit of a guess but it worked with my son so we are doing the same again...

Great stuff that the antibiotics are working. It shows that you really needed them!

Ah okay.

Wow, I have the utmost respect for the strength of you two. I had one early loss prior to my daughter which I struggled with as I suffer from pcos with very irregular cycles. You both have the strength and determination that I'm not sure I have. I feel bad for whinging about a bit of pain and tiredness.

:hugs: xxx

Carhar, there is always someone worse off than you but that doesn't mean you aren't entitled to a good whinge now and then :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->