Anyone had palpitations due to anxiety/panic attacks?

porkypig

Reaction score
For the past 2/3 weeks I've had skipped beats every day. It started when one night after feeding my daughter, I was trying to get to sleep and I kept having these palpitations and it took me two hours to get to sleep because of it. It didn't happen for the next few days then it started up again out of the blue and I've had them every day. I had an ecg and that came out fine and had bloods which did show low iron ( 9 on their scale whatever that is)

The doc did initially say it could be stress/anxiety related. Although I do get stressed out and am exhausted from sleepless nights, I worry that if the docs can't find an initial diagnosis, they tend to blame it on anxiety.

Anyone else had anything similar? What was yours? Did it go away? What helped?

Thanks for reading xx

About 18 months ago I suffered really bad with palpitations. They would keep me awake and night and I constantly felt on edge. I also got the 'skipped heartbeat' feeling which is scary and horrible! I eventually went to the doctors who did a 15 sec ECG which showed nothing. They then said they would so a 24 hour one just to rule anything bad out. So had the 24 hour one and had THE WORST nights sleep. Has constant palps and had huge panic attacks. Thought the results would be crazy but showed nothing! So it was literally all down to stress and anxiety. And since then I very rarely suffer! Had a few extra heartbeat moments when I was pregnant but it was like 5 days before my due date so was super nervous.
I would ask for a 24 hour ECG and put your mind at rest :) xx

Thanks hun, think I might do x did they go away after the 24 hour monitor? Xx

Yeah! Pretty much cos I wasn't worrying about it any longer xx

Yeah! Pretty much cos I wasn't worrying about it any longer xx

Thing is, I don't know about you, but ill be doing something, not really thinking about it ( or so I think) and they can just come on , I want it to go away :( xx

Yeah same! It would pop up anywhere. Does it ever feel like a fluttering in your chest! That's the best way I can describe it, kind of like extra thuds? Xx

Yeah same! It would pop up anywhere. Does it ever feel like a fluttering in your chest! That's the best way I can describe it, kind of like extra thuds? Xx

Exactly that and I can now feel it in my throat too xx

Totally sounds the same to me hun! Ask for a 24 hour one and it should hopefully put your mind at rest xx

Yes, I've had this.
The doctor gave me beta blockers xx

I had panic attacks & palpitations on/off since a car crash in 2004. It's such a scary thing to go through, but I do believe stress is the main cause. I've not had any panic attacks for over a year now. I eat much healthier, excercise 2/3 times a week and just generally try to relax more.

I also get this and I had an echocardiogram last week and my results were fine. So it is my anxiety and stress . Anxiety is horrible, i got like this after I lost my baby in March of 2011. I have calmed a bit since then, but I take Xanax occasionally when I feel panicky . XO

I have something similar. It began when I was 20 weeks pregnant. I had an ECG, 24 hour tape and echocardiogram (ultrasound) which showed nothing. 18 months on I've had another ECG and 24 hour tape and something has showed up! I have a 2nd echocardiogram on the 26th and a consultation to discuss the tape on the 2nd so will find out then! I don't get stressed/anxious (ever lol it's not in my nature) but when I was 35 weeks pregnant my resting heart rate was 160bpm!

:flow:

I get them occasionally, but randomly. It's kind of scary but I've never been to a doctor because of it or anything. Maybe I should

I posted today about this as well. I'm with you girls - it's horrible having palpitations. It's reassuring to know I'm not alone though and that you guys got the all clear from the dr as well - maybe that would put my mind at rest. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->