Anyone had their first NHS scan at 8 weeks??

dollych

Reaction score
Hi girls,
This is my 3rd baby and I have just received a letter confirming my first scan at the hospital, it's this Thursday and I'll be 8 weeks 1 day. I thought 1st scans are between 11 and 14 weeks?. Has anyone else had a scan this early?. I think the Doctor who referred me has got my dates wrong.

I did have a miscarriage in March this year and thought maybe this is why they have sent for an early scan, but I thought you had to have 3 before they do any investigations or early scans.
Thanks x

Have you had your booking appt yet? Have the maybe sent the wrong letter..? Never head of it before? X

I was referred for an early scan after 1 loss. They said they do them from 6 weeks plus x

Thanks x
Not had my booking in appointment yet, but received that letter before the scan letter. My booking in appointment is in 2 weeks when I'll be 10 weeks.
I'm just going to turn up anyway at the scan appointment and ask if they will scan me anyway for reassurance that everything is ok cause I lost my baby at 8 weeks in March.
Thanks girls x

I've not had my booking appointment yet but had my early scan at 6w 4d and have an appointment for my 12w scan. Yeah, go to it for reassurance and if it's too early they'll probably send another appointment for a few weeks later x

Does it say what the scan is for? The nuchal scan is for 11-14 weeks but it may just be an early scan for dating because of your mc.

I am getting scan at 8 weeks due to miscarriage last year i assume it is routine!
Xxxx

This is my first pregnancy and my OB is having my come in for my dating scan at 8 weeks! I think every OB is just different and I wouldn't worry! Better to go earlier than later in my opinion. I am counting down the days!

I had an NHS scan at 9 weeks due to two previous losses but then they wouldn't scan me again at 12 weeks so I went private.

I had an NHS scan at 9 weeks due to two previous losses but then they wouldn't scan me again at 12 weeks so I went private.

Yep, this can happen! This is something people need to be aware of - the NHS can refuse another scan if you've had an earlier one, depending on your area's "rules"

OP I think it's worth finding out if this is your dating scan, because you may not get another.

I am having an early one due to past history so mayb it's a new thing they're doin. Good luck!! Xx

I too will have my scan next week at 8 weeks. Excited to say the least!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->