Anyone had their tubes tied?

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
Ok, I am really confused about this. I've heard from others that have had their tubes tied that their periods were worse after, etc. So, my OH has decided to get the snip done.

I had a gynecologist appt. yesterday and he asked if I was going to have my tubes tied. I am having another C-section so they could do it during the procedure. I told him that I heard that your period is worse and what not, but he says that he hasn't heard anything negative in that aspect.

So, is there anyone out there who did have their tubes tied and who can tell me if there were any differences afterwards with periods, etc.?

Your help would be appreciated. :)

Hello there, I had my tubes tied after my dd was born in 93 and my af has been the same after the tl. I have went in for a tr and now it is a day shorter. :hug:

I googled other people's experiences yesterday and none of the feedback was good. I know I shouldn't have done that but I need to know before I make the decision. I've heard that PMS is worse, periods are heavier, longer, and even come earlier. I also came upon a list of Post Tubal Litigation Syndrome, and the list scared the crap out of me.

One of my sisters had this done and she's never said that it affected her periods, but most of my sisters and I have really heavy periods with strong cramping anyways....

I'm getting my tubes tied next year, so this information will be useful to me thanks hun for posting this.

Really? Why did she regret it? Please do tell.

I forgot about this thread! LOL

But I sure would like to know the good or bad before I make the ultimate decision.

I also wonder about the effects especially on an older person. Not saying I am old but in the next years or 10 I could be hitting menopause.

hi, im 37, had my tubes tied at my 3rd c section in january this year, had problems with my periods since, been to see the doctor, but she said it had nothing to do with my tubes been tied. could be due to my 3rd c section, see what happens. i dont regret it, i dont get period pains anymore and my actual period only last 4 days. a friend of mine had hers tied a few years ago and since has really bad PMT and periods. everyone's dirrerent i suppose. hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->