Anyone had this before?

suffolksazzle

Reaction score
I woke up in the middle of the night hot and sweaty with the worst backache and stomach ache ever. When I initially woke up I was on my right side so I shifted to my left side and grabbed a pillow to put between my legs to make myself more comfy. It must have worked as I fell back to sleep. However, I role up again to the same thing but this time I felt sick too. But, as before, I fell back to sleep.

I'm currently proped up in bed and LO is nice and active but I still have really bad backache.

Anyone else experienced this??

Thanks x

Yep! I have to keep biscuits by the bed to settle my stomach when I first wake up, like first tri.

It's warmer here at the moment and i've been waking in the night sweating and i'm normaly always cold!

I think the backache is because of the weight of the baby, even laying on your side. I've had it for weeks and it just gets worse. A warm bath helps ease it.

I hope you are feeling a bit better now!
I woke up feeling super sick this morning, a real strong morning sickness feeling! not something I was expecting at 30 weeks pregnant lol..
but it soon dawned on me I didn't drink a single thing after my OH got home last night and after a glass of water I felt fine... dehydration ooops xx

Backache will probably be bubs getting chunky and putting pressure on you. I'm finding Im getting backache in bed too, no amount of pillows is helping!

I've started getting nauseous in the mornings but like kirstybumx mines down to dehydration. I'm finding i'm having to drink during the night or I wake up feeling awful.

Hey Kirsty, I'm alright thanks. Backache is easing off now. Chilling at work today but nervous about going to bed tonight in case of a repeat performance!
Lots of water for all of us today!

I had the same thing most of 3rd tri with DS and its starting again now. Last time I found I had to sleep in a reclining chair to keep it better (sitting a little upright seemed to help). I also found that a warm bath before bed helped to relax the muscles (or a warm bath in the morning to get the day started helped also).

I don't get a lot of the sick feeling, but I do get a lot of the heartburn in the middle of the night, so I keep tums by the bed. When I do get that sick feeling, I will often try the tums (or whatever similar calcium heartburn med you have available) because sometimes it is the acid ending up in my stomach from how I'm laying and that seems to help some.

Thanks ladies, I think I will try sleeping slightly propped up tonight. I have one of the v shaped pillows so will see if that helps x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->