• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone had tonsils out as an adult

Misscalais

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I was just wondering if anyone on here has gotten their tonsils out later in life? I'm 26 this year and get bad tonsil stones and I can't get rid of them, I'm sick of having foul stinky breath from it but I'm worried about the pain apparently it's really painful for adults and longer recovery time?

No experience myself, but my son is 3 and just had his removed, and I did a lot of reading before his surgery. I know that an adults recovery takes closer to a month as apposed to a child's.

I wish you the best with your surgery and recovery. It is much more painful as an adult, mainly because you know what is going on. They will prescribed pain meds though, so that will help.

I've just found this thread, I had my tonsils out when I was 22 and it was the best decision I ever made. Yes, the recovery time was painful but I'm sure I felt fine after about 3 weeks. From what I remember my throat felt burnt and i had to keep eating and drinking to soothe it. I had soluble tablets and I think I had to get more from the dr as over the counter strength still weren't strong enough 2 weeks later. I was only in hospital over night after having the operation at 4pm.

Before the operation I was constantly ill with tonsillitis, when they weren't infected I still felt tired and run down. They were massive and I used to choke on food all the time. I had to take frequent sick days from work and uni which hampered my chances of employment after uni, I actually had to explain to possible employers, it was this which prompted me to go ahead with the operation.

I'd do it again if I had to, I'm rarely ill now and I hadn't realised i had previously had a constant rotting taste in my mouth that must have stank! Make sure you can rest properly afterwards and that you are well stocked up with painkillers, I found childbirth was worse to go through and recover from. Good luck!

I had mine out when i was 19 i think, technically an adult! It was when they used to cut them and stitch them but i think now they cauterise it and the recovery is a lot better and quicker.

It hurts for a couple of weeks after plus mine got infected but i hardly get ill anymore....good luck with it, i'm sure it will help and you will feel better in no time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->