Anyone has this? pumping question

lily28

ೋ.Mama Of A Prince.ೋ
Reaction score
I haven't pumped in a very long while, maybe 3 months now? I stopped pumping because it made my engorgement worse and didn't help with oversupply :wacko:
I was pumping because a girl that gave me lots of stuff (BF pillow, elec pump, steriliser etc) gave me advice that didn't work for me, she had supply issues and told me to pump all the time. I didn't know I would have milk for a village of babies.

So yesterday I pumped after a long time to freeze some milk for using w/ solids next month, because my left boob was a bit engorged and baby wasn't hungry. Like always, I pumped (with manual pump) 2 oz in 1-2 min and stopped (I don't pump more for obvious reasons).
Is anyone like that? 1oz per min?
When baby nurses he gets so much milk? or maybe even more, as he sucks pretty hard?:shrug:
If he is on the boob aprox 10-15 min on a big meal, does that mean he gets 10oz?
Sorry for my stupid questions :flower:

That sounds like a whole lotta milk in a very short period of time! It takes me 15 minutes to pump about 5 oz (from both breasts combined) when I'm working and LO hasn't fed off either side. That being said, your LO can control the flow of milk, so it's hard to say how much he's taking in.

I get the same amount, but when I continue pumping the amount drastically slows down. Each time your milk lets down you get asmaller amount of milk, but the milk becomes fattier and higher in calories.

Whether baby gets the same amount as the pump, I don't know, it depends on how strong the baby is sucking I guess!

With my manual pump I can easily fill a bottle without looking much, in more or less 8-10 min, I noticed the milk gets creamier but the flow is rapid, not as high as when I start but it is a lot. I think it could explain why baby has short meals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->