• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone hate their dress after alterations ?

blondebabe

Reaction score
Long story short, I bought a brand new dress off eBay from Hong Kong for £56
The pic was different to the actual dress I got (design and shape were the same just different gems that had been sewn on)
Emailed them and they refunded me plus I got to keep the dress as a gift...
Am now paying a dress maker to sew different gems on but worried I am not going to like it ( went round today to have a sneak preview at a small section she had done)

What happens if I don't like it? Obviously I'll pay her ...
Any thoughts girls? The main thing I want right is my dress xxxx

I don't have any experience but my cousin brought a dress off eBay and she didn't like it when it turned up, she took is to a dress maker and had it all changed and she loved it! It was beautiful like one from a bridal shop in the end!

Fingers crossed you like it! Did you like the little bit you seen?

I don't have any experience but my cousin brought a dress off eBay and she didn't like it when it turned up, she took is to a dress maker and had it all changed and she loved it! It was beautiful like one from a bridal shop in the end!

Fingers crossed you like it! Did you like the little bit you seen?

Yeah I think so but it was sewn in lines going across so I only saw a stripe of 5 lines so maybe when it's all done it will be better...thanks for ur comment
How much did it cost ur cousin?

I have no advice either other than I think the anxiety is normal. I get worried every time I go to try my dress on in case I hate it :lol: As for your dress, did you discuss with the dressmaker the types of gems you wanted? I'm certain you'll get a much higher quality from an independent dress maker than you would from the "sweatshop style" Hong Kong and Chinese web shops

I have no advice either other than I think the anxiety is normal. I get worried every time I go to try my dress on in case I hate it :lol: As for your dress, did you discuss with the dressmaker the types of gems you wanted? I'm certain you'll get a much higher quality from an independent dress maker than you would from the "sweatshop style" Hong Kong and Chinese web shops

Yes I bought the small glass sead beads I think it's because she is taking off the old bigger beads as she goes to I can compare the difference. I really didn't like the big plasticky beads that were on before they looked so cheap.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->