Anyone have 1st appt at 6 weeks??

pooch

Reaction score
So I think the norm here in the US is 8 weeks...my first pregnancy my first appt was at 6 weeks but 2 and 3 were at 8 weeks. I've had one true miscarriage requiring D&C plus three early miscarriages/chemicals plus I'll be 38 next month. Has anyone heard of doctors allowing an earlier appointment to do an ultrasound to check that things are ok and there is a heartbeat?
Thanks!

I'm in the US and when I was pregnant with daughter, my OB scanned me at 6w2d. Well, that's what I measured when he scanned me; we thought I was 5w6d based on my LMP. He had taken blood the week before, and my hcg had come back at 18,762, so he felt confident scanning me the following week. He then gave me weekly scans until I put a stop to it at 14 weeks bc I was tired of coming to the office every week. I was over 40 and had previous miscarriages; plus, he was just a nice guy and thought I'd feel less nervous with all the scans. Good luck!

I'm not in the US I'm in England so I don't know how it works there but here you don't get seen until 8 weeks then the first scan is at 12 weeks.

It's such a long wait so I booked 2 early privet scans with this one just for the reassurance because I've had a MC at 10+3 and 2 early MC so I just wanted to make sure baby had a HB.
I did wait until I was 7+1 tho just to be sure we can see a HB because sometimes 6 weeks can be a bit early. Seen so many women on here worrying because they have gone for scans at 5 and half 6 weeks and only seen gestational sac and yolk sac then when they have gone the following week they see baby bad HB.
It's up to you hon. Here they wont scan u at the hospital b4 12 weeks unless ure bleeding or in pain.
But its prob totally different over there

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->