Anyone have 24/7 nursing? Having issues/concerns about a nurse and dont know how to

HappiestMom

Spcl Nds Girl + twn boys + girl
Reaction score
approach the topic with the nursing agency without being harsh..its about the nurses weight..and the fact that she fell asleep (really asleep not just dozed off for a min).... she is supposed to be our new Saturday nurse but that is the only day we are out of the house all day..and I have the twins that are only a week old and I just dont want to be worrying about how B is doing at home with a nurse that may not physically be able to take care of her and especially not one that is going to fall asleep....luckily Sat we were at home because I just got back from hospital so we caught it..but I think it'll always be in the back of my mind now and I wont be able to not worry when we go out

I was a home health aide(NOT nurse). I was around 280 while I worked, my patient was very hands on/mostly bed bound and sorta heavy. I think it is all the mentality of the person. If you see an issue you do not need to mention weight just mention her energy level seems to lack for what you lo needs. As proven by the sleeping. Also note anything that is a weight issue(B sits on ground and nurse can not get on her level for needed treatments/temp taking/...) Or the bath is a concern as she may fall asleep.

Go in with a few key points.

I am not sure of B's medical needs/can she cry/communicate her needs? If not then it is even a bigger concern.

If the nurse is not a good fit it does not mean she would not be better fit in another home:) And by you bringing it up she can be moved accordingly. Unless she has a bad track record and they are looking for a reason to let her go she will not be fired for the most part.

Her weight should have nothing to do with how she performs. I have a very hands on physical job and at my biggest I was 290lb. It did not affect how I did my job and I could still chase after clients and restrain.

Mention her weight and they are just going to disregard anything else you say as they will think you judgemental and have prejudice against her weigh and everything else will just be excuses.

Falling asleep at work should be your main concern, not what size clothes she's in.

I would definitely be phoning up the agency in your situation. It's always a bit awkward to complain but B's safety and wellbeing is the priority. Falling asleep while in solely responsible for your daughter is really bad no matter what her weight is.
Congrats on the twins!

She was asleep again when I walked past this morning...called the nursing company and got voicemail so waiting on them to call back

That's terrible she keeps falling asleep. That defiantly isn't on and I agree you shouldn't put up with it. Especially as you say at some point she will be with B by herself. As for the weight not a lot you can do there as they'll see you as discriminative.

Congrats on the twins!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->