Anyone have a Babystyle Oyster pram?

bubbles82

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has already got or had the Oyster? I've got it on order and asked at the time about ordering the Oyster change bag, but the member of staff said it comes with the pram.

I'm not sure about this as it doesn't seem to be included wherever I've seen it for sale, and I've seen the change bag and footmuff for sale elsewhere for around £40 each, so just wondering if I probably do need to buy both of them separately.

I've bought the oyster, and the changing bag didn't come with it. But could it be an offer that the shop had on?

I bought it in Mothercare and just had a look on their site, looks like the bag and footmuff are only included with their sand colourpack, not the standard colours so I think I'll have to buy it! Annoys me when staff don't really know about the products when you ask them stuff.

My sister got the bag with hers, from mothercare :)
She has the red one.

I got one with mine, but I got it second hand lol!

I've just had mine delivered from mothercare and it didn't include changing bag or footmuff x

I've totally been having doubts about my choice of pram this week after reading several bad reviews about the Oyster, mainly in relation to bad suspension, front wheels buckling, difficult to get down curbs etc. I went into Mothercare today and changed the chassis frame on my order for the third time after hearing the black scratches easily, so I now have the mirror frame on order but not sure if I might end up cancelling altogether! Hope it's ok.

I love my Oyster. It is a really great, light pram and very compact. We did have a problem with a wheel at some point (the bolt holding a wheel on sheered off) and it had to go back to get it fixed but we'd no problem and mothercare gave us a replacement (a maclaren) while it was getting fixed. Also, that was over a year ago now and there's been no problem since. If you want it to be a rugged pram then probably look elsewhere (although mine has made it round a rough path on many occasions) but for a comparatively cheap pram that was easy for me to lift and put in our car it takes some beating. If we'd had a bigger car then I probably wouldn't have bought the Oyster as I really liked the more traditional looking prams but I'm really glad we did. We did buy a second buggy but that's one that we can take jogging. I don't think we'll buy a compact pushchair because there's just no need. I've a silver chassis and it haw worn pretty well.

And it is difficult to get up and down steep curbs but that's because of the small wheels. I think any pram with wee wheels would be the same.

I've totally been having doubts about my choice of pram this week after reading several bad reviews about the Oyster, mainly in relation to bad suspension, front wheels buckling, difficult to get down curbs etc. I went into Mothercare today and changed the chassis frame on my order for the third time after hearing the black scratches easily, so I now have the mirror frame on order but not sure if I might end up cancelling altogether! Hope it's ok.

I have the oyster with mirrir chassis, I nearly went for the black but so glad I changed my mind and went with mirror. There are a few scratches but they are barely noticeable with the mirror finish.

As for the front wheels buckling, if you go too hard down a curb then yes they will buckle but lets face it, who is going to be bouncing down the curb so hard with precious cargo!
I absolutely love my oyster, we had a graco originally and it was a nightmare. The oyster is so much lighter and more compact, I wish I had gone with the oyster to start with. I will add as well that the covers are removed so easily to wash which is a bonus.

We love it so much that we are now looking at buying the oyster max for baby number 2!

we've got the oyster but with the bigger airtyres as the the back! we did manage to break one of the front wheels too but the shop changed it straightaway

Love love love the oyster otherwise, and we did get a change bag with it (it's not a very exciting bag though)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->