Anyone have a fibronectin? (Ffn)

rainbows_x

Mummy.
Reaction score
Sorry to post here, I hope it's okay to do so :flower:

I was taken into hospital on Monday due to high BP, that ended up being okay but they started picking up contractions on the ctg monitor.

I had a fibronectin test among others done and it came back positive.

Anyone else had one done?

If so how many weeks were you & when did you go into labour?

Was told labour could begin anywhere from now to 4 weeks, had steroid jabs & drip for as long as possible, they seem to think I will go into labour before 37 weeks. Been sent home for now with strict instructions to come back with any signs of labour.

x

Hi

I had a fibronectin test done at 25+2weeks but I was already in hospital and had a cervical stitch. It was positive and the stitch was removed but then i showed signs of an infection so they had to give me an iv to speed labour up.

Sorry not much help in your circumstances but didn't want to read and run.

Hopefully you will last many more weeks. The steroids make big difference if you do deliver early.

Thankyou hun.

Yeah, I am so glad that they gave me the steroids for her lungs, reassures me that if anything were to happen then she would have good lungs :)
Thankyou for replying x

I had a positive fibronectin test with Anja-Jo, I went into hospital with contractions at 32+2. Had meds to stop contractions but she came anyway 5 days later.

If its positive it doesnt mean you will definately have your baby, but if its neg you have less than 1% chance of delivering in next 14 days.

Its more reliable if you have other signs of preterm labour like pressure/contractions etc:flower:

Thanks, I am still getting the pressure feeling, I had what felt like a contraction earlier but no more since, they said if they come reguarly to go in.
I don't really know what to look out for though, which worries me.

Did you stay in hospital until you delivered, or did you go home?

xx

I stayed in hospital, I had 2 previous preemies as well and they didnt want to take the risk.
Did you get a scan to check cervical shortening too?

Steroids should help make baby more mature and there are drugs they can send you home with if you get contractions,terbutaline is one:thumbup:

If you get any signs that things dont feel right call your doc asap too, better safe than sorry:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->