Anyone have a previous appendectomy? Lopsided belly?

MrsGax

Reaction score
Hi girls! So I had a laparoscopic appendectomy when I was 17. I know that I scar pretty bad, but lately I have been wondering if my scar tissue can make my little bump lopsided? My left side of my bump sticks out a tiny bit further and the right side is a little bit restricted. It isn't super bad or anything, but I notice it and DH said he could tell too, but only when looking for it. I know the appendix is on the right side and I have a scar that is literally right at my hair line. My other scar up by my ribs has a ton of scar tissue inside near my gallbladder/liver area. So I just wonder if that is why or if anyone else has experienced this? Or if anyone that has NOT had theirs removed has one side that sticks out further that the other? This is in my uterus area where my bump is finally starting to stick out. Thank you!

I have had 3 laps, in one my Fallopian tube was removed and my pelvic cavity is full of scar tissue from a terrible infection. I know other girls like me who have gone full term and they've had no issues at all with a lopsided belly.

Hope that helps.

I have had 3 laps, in one my Fallopian tube was removed and my pelvic cavity is full of scar tissue from a terrible infection. I know other girls like me who have gone full term and they've had no issues at all with a lopsided belly.

Hope that helps.

Wow,Thank you! I think it will be less lopsided the bigger I get. It is BARELY noticeable. I am just an obsessor and noticed it back around 9 weeks and I can still tell. Hopefully when I am bigger it will be nice and round. Can you tell where your scar tissue is? I can if I push enough. I can really tell on the one up by my ribs... I think that one has adhesions.

Mines keep in my pelvis mostly. I have adhesions.

My scan tissue from my ops I can feel quite easily.

My scar tissue is the reason I'm infertile.

I had all those ops with in a year of each other, I had 2 in 2 months. My belly button is the worst bit as it always struggled to heal so I have a lot of scar tissue there.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->