Anyone have a special needs toddler plus "normal" infant twins?

HappiestMom

Spcl Nds Girl + twn boys + girl
Reaction score
LO is just over 20 months old and Im due pretty much any day now with twin boys... B has a trach and g-tube is a pediatric brain cancer and global stroke survivor...she is pretty much like a 3-4 month old with how much she can hold her head up and all that...isnt mobile at all...we have 24/7 nursing for her as long as she has her trach in but Im just wondering how we will do it with Drs appts and going out and stuff..she has therapy once a week plus any other Drs appts each month....of course if its the twins appts she stays home with the nurse but if its her appt I have to take her which means the twins have to go too until we find a sitter that we are comfortable with.... I know people can do it but just wondering if anyone has any advice or tips for our big entourage lol..:shrug:

I dont have twins, but do have a toddler. We do find the appointments thing a bit of a juggle, for sure!
In the early days it was easier than you would have imagined. Baby slept a lot so we could manage easier. As they got a bit bigger we used toys to entertain. We got about easier using buggies and carriers, and always had "going out" bags pre-prepared. Don't be afraid to reschedule too, take control but relax, and be kind to yourself!

You will find your way of doing things - I know it sounds scary but everything will slot in! xxxx :hugs:

I guess my biggest thing is just all the strollers we will need haha....triple strollers are soo cumbersome so LO has her own single and then the twins will have their double..which is just a snap n go frame thing for now...but its just how will I do it once she doesnt have 24/7 nursing but will still need to be in a stroller and the twins will still be in a stroller too guess I'll be looking for a mommys helper for appts when it comes to that..

Could you try just a double and one twin in a carrier?

hmm I hadnt thought of that..but I still have to pick up and hold LO and stuff and shes huge already lol...idk..I guess it'll just be one of those wait and see and experiment kinda things lol

I hear ya :hugs: It might seem really scary right now but I bet you'll be finding it much easier than you anticipate!

Hugs, I don't have the same issues my toddler is suspected autism and ADHD and I have younger twins, twins are a logistical nightmare, I would suggest the double buggy and alternate which twin you carry in a sling.

The day to day with the twins were fine and it was fine when I had someone with me but I rarely ventured out on my own with the three as my toddler was a challenge and I had twins to watch too.

Pm me any questions x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->