anyone have a tongue piercing?

BabyMamma93

Mummy of a Easter baby
Reaction score
Has anyone got their tongue pierced and often feel pain with it? Ive had mine pierced now for a good 4 years and often find it hurts... I cant use big bars as that causes pain.. I can leave it out for days and it wont heal the pain hurts when i move my tongue, more than it did when i first got it.. I don't know if its because food gets stuck or there's a problem, it doesn't look infected or anything it just looks normal i just don't understand what this pain is :s x

I would go to a peircing shop & ask.

Ive had mine 8 years & never had pains. The only mild discomfort ive ever experienced is underneath occasionally, it almost feels like the thread on the bar is rubbing on the inside of my tongue iykwim?! But i usually tighten the balls, brush my teeth & its gone (still not sure what it is, buts its so minor & infrequent, i dont feel a need to get it checked.)

Sorry i cant be more help, didnt want to R&R. Hope someone can give you better advice. I would personally get it looked at though, it shouldnt hurt as much as when you first had it done.

that's a bit what it feels like, like the bar is rubbing on the inside of my hole :s very weird, the shop i got it done at has moved somewhere else, so ill have to go to a different one. everyone keeps telling me to leave it out but ive had it that long id never be without it, as silly as that sounds lol x

I've had mine about 12 years and never experienced any pain (even when I had it done). Maybe you don't have the correct size bar? Or there may be an infection but you just can't see it? Try gargling with some salt water morning and night and see if it helps. If that don't work then I'd see a piercer.

There have been times i have felt its been awkward, i can only assume I have pulled at it at some point, so i took it out for a few days.
Worthwhile to speaking to a piercer!

I would get it looked at. I get very mild infrequent soreness that lasts a matter of minutes, but doesnt hurt anywhere near as much as when i had it done!

I know exactly what you mean about taking it out. The longeat ive got without it in, is around 2 hours. I went out for a meal & accidently swallowed it! I couldnt wait to get home & put a spare one in, it didnt feel like my tongue in my mouth!! :)

The things we do to our bodies!!??

if i have a long bar in, or even the bigger sized balls, it defo hurts then until i put the smaller bar in.. then like now, its been hurting maybe 2 days... i can usually leave t out for about 4-5 days without it healing, i dont know why because my mum once took hers out while she went into dentist and it had healed by the time we got out!! then again ive had mine out now about 2 days, tried this morning and it wouldnt go in when it did go through, something white was on the end of the bar, like i say i dont know if food is getting in there :s
ill try the salt water, do u think i should do it with bar in or out? if still doesnt help maybe ill go see a piercer or leave it out x

I had mine pierced for 6 years, and took it out when I went in for my caesarean, never got round to putting it back in. I found that it felt as if sugar granules were getting trapped inside the hole, which felt like sharp stabbing pains inside - despite having nothing sugary.

I took my bar out every time and rinsed both the bar and my mouth with mouthwash.

I get achy pains, but usually find that if I take it out and give it a good clean it goes away. I also can't take my bar out as I have a lump of scar tissue on my tongue from my first tongue piercing and it feels horrible!

i got home and tried putting my bar in, it went in but really hurt, it also feels like my tongue is swollen, i can bend my tongue about normally and grab the bar with my teeth but now i cant, ill keep swilling my mouth out and see if that helps over next few days, but to be honest, with how often it hurts, i think i might be best off leaving it out :( x

Try not to play with it too much, cause that'll just irritate the piercing and make it infected.

I had mine done but not had one in for 5 years. I got sick of it. Was sick of ending up biting it or swallow the balls and sometimes it would be sore

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->