Anyone have an easy cupcake recipe?

YoungNImum

Mum to 2 and expecting
Reaction score
I was going to buy cupcakes for my daughters birthday instead of a cake, but now im thinking if there is an easy enough recipe i could follow id liek to do them myself.

Also some buttercream or some top topping please
:hugs:

It really is so peasey hun

110g of self raising flour, caster sugar, and butter or margerine (softened)
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp vanilla extract (dont buy it especially, i dont!)
2 eggs

Put all indregients apart from one egg into a bowl and mix. As it mixes pour a little bit at a time of the remaining egg in gradually. You may need a little water to pour in when the egg is all gone, depends how "stiff and lumpy" the batter looks. Mix till smooth and fluffy.

20 minutes in a 150c fan oven, 160 in normal oven. Cupcake cases are cheap as chips. Half fill each case as they obviously rise, and otherwise it tends to spill out and they go misshaped.

Buttercream is difficult, i wouldnt do it as a novice. But- its 140 butter- softened, 180 icing sugar. You then need to put it into pipping bags and get decorative pipping tops to decorate your cakes (lakeland)

Glace icing is much easier. Icing sugar- do a little bit at a time. Add a tbsp of boiled water at a time, and as it thickens add more icing sugar and more water.
Will make 12.

thank you very much :)

Iv made chocolate buttercream before for a cake but i lost my book with how to do it, iv never pipped altho my mum had the pipping bag till last week it ripped :(

Your welcome hun, maybe make a few batches before the big day because its all about trial and error and they won't be perfect first time round :) plus its a good excuse to eat lots of cake :p haha!

Haha well thats what i was thinking, taste tester is ME lol
x

It really is so peasey hun

110g of self raising flour, caster sugar, and butter or margerine (softened)
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp vanilla extract (dont buy it especially, i dont!)
2 eggs

Put all indregients apart from one egg into a bowl and mix. As it mixes pour a little bit at a time of the remaining egg in gradually. You may need a little water to pour in when the egg is all gone, depends how "stiff and lumpy" the batter looks. Mix till smooth and fluffy.

20 minutes in a 150c fan oven, 160 in normal oven. Cupcake cases are cheap as chips. Half fill each case as they obviously rise, and otherwise it tends to spill out and they go misshaped.

Buttercream is difficult, i wouldnt do it as a novice. But- its 140 butter- softened, 180 icing sugar. You then need to put it into pipping bags and get decorative pipping tops to decorate your cakes (lakeland)

Glace icing is much easier. Icing sugar- do a little bit at a time. Add a tbsp of boiled water at a time, and as it thickens add more icing sugar and more water.
Will make 12.

Can i ask how much of caster sugar, and how much butter to add? :thumbup:

Courtney on my course on Friday the recipe we used for buttercream was 250g butter to 500g icing sugar 1 tea spoon vanilla essence

Thanks sam, how did your course go? x

It was brilliant!! Thoroughly enjoyed it! Infact in the middle of waiting for cupcakes to cool for my dad to take to work tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->