anyone have big babies?

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
Mine are not massive, but I'm scared how big this one will be :haha:

My first was 9lbs despite measuring 2 weeks small the whole time.

My twins were born at 37 weeks, one 6lbs 10 and the other 6lbs 2 so not massive but big for twins are 37 weeks!

Anyway, wondering if anyone else had big ish ones, do they tend to get larger by each pregnancy?

Mine tend to ne good sized... Twins at 31 weeks 3lb15 and 4lb, dd2 was term and 9lb 8 and ds was 10 days early at 8lb 3. Midwife is sending me for glucose test due to sizes...!

Not super big but bigger than expected.

My first was 7lb4oz despite me measuring over 10 weeks behind on fundal height. Induced at 39+3 arrived on due date, fundal height never over 29cm.

My second I was also sent for lots of growth scans despite my lack of concern over measuring small. Fundal height reached 34 or 35cm with him, he was a week early and 8lb10oz.

I'm terrified. I'm the youngest of four and we all weighed over 10 pounds. 10 pound 6 ounce was the smallest baby my mum had. I dontnknownhow she did it!

I have bigish babies specially because I am only 5ft 2 my first was 8lb 2 an she was 2weeks early

my second was 8 lb 14 1/2 and she was 5 days late.

I was biggest with my second but my first was 2weeks early so not sure if I will go bigger this time I hope not anyway

I'm hoping to have average sized again! Lily was 7lb 10oz even though they told me she would be atleast 9lb, but I think maybe about 8lb for this one :)

I haven't had a baby before, but I'm nervous that I'll have huge babies. I have three siblings, and the lightest was just under 9 lbs, heaviest just under 10. Each baby was a few ounces bigger than the last, so in my mom's case, yes each successive pregnancy was with a bigger baby.

I always have big babies, my first (my son) was 8lbs13oz at 37 weeks! lol! And my 2nd baby (my daughter) was 8lbs3oz at 39+2! However girls tend to be smaller. With my 3rd baby I'm thinking he/she will be over 9lbs! lol!

The day I went into labor with my daughter i had a sono and they estimated 8 lbs...she was 9 lbs 12.5 oz! When I was born I was on time and I think in the 7 lb range; same with my husband. Not sure how much heredity plays into baby sizes?

A friend had a 12lb baby NATURALLY argh ... My downstairs is messed up enough after one 9lb (twins were section) of it's looking over 10lb I'd rather have a section again lol.

I first was a little 7lb 6oz, my second was my biggest at 9lb 6.5oz!! And my third was 8lb 4oz xx

A friend had a 12lb baby NATURALLY argh ... My downstairs is messed up enough after one 9lb (twins were section) of it's looking over 10lb I'd rather have a section again lol.

My OH was 12lbs as well and MIL is still traumatized over it. He was the largest baby born at the hospital at the time. I think that's why he has no younger siblings LOL. But his family makes huge babies so I was worried!

I do make big babies, but they also have a tendency to come preterm, so aren't as big as predicted (10+lbs). My son was just under 7lbs at 5 weeks early and my daughter was 7lbs4oz at 4 weeks early. So I do have a fear of actually going to 40 weeks with my babies - the prospect of a 10lb baby scares the crap outta me! :haha:

My OH was 12lbs as well and MIL is still traumatized over it. He was the largest baby born at the hospital at the time. I think that's why he has no younger siblings LOL. But his family makes huge babies so I was worried!

I do make big babies, but they also have a tendency to come preterm, so aren't as big as predicted (10+lbs). My son was just under 7lbs at 5 weeks early and my daughter was 7lbs4oz at 4 weeks early. So I do have a fear of actually going to 40 weeks with my babies - the prospect of a 10lb baby scares the crap outta me! :haha:

Poor MIL! Pay friend went in to have two more which were much smaller, I'd be put off for life :haha:

For me my first (DD) was 7lb 5oz, my second (DS1) was 8lb 6oz and my third (DS2) was 9lb 9oz. All born in and around the 40wk mark. Terrified this one will end up 10lb+....

Poor MIL! Pay friend went in to have two more which were much smaller, I'd be put off for life :haha:

He has an older sister who was 10lbs 10oz :wacko: I think after her 2nd being 12lbs the baby shop was closed for good. OMG I couldn't imagine!

He has an older sister who was 10lbs 10oz :wacko: I think after her 2nd being 12lbs the baby shop was closed for good. OMG I couldn't imagine!

"It" probably didn't work after TWO those sizes :haha:

my ds1 was born weighing in at a whopping 10 lbs 1 oz and 22.75" long. My second child (a girl) was born weighing 9lbs 9 oz and 22" long. Pretty sure I am doomed for another big one this go around unless I go early which isn't likely seeing as how both my other kids were born at 40+5 and 41+1....I don't think I'd know what to do with a 7 lber. lol

my ds1 was born weighing in at a whopping 10 lbs 1 oz and 22.75" long. My second child (a girl) was born weighing 9lbs 9 oz and 22" long. Pretty sure I am doomed for another big one this go around unless I go early which isn't likely seeing as how both my other kids were born at 40+5 and 41+1....I don't think I'd know what to do with a 7 lber. lol

Haha ... Yes my twins seemed tiny at 6lbers!

My babies get bigger 1st 7lbs 8oz 2nd 7lbs 13oz 3rd 9lbs 2oz! I'm a tiny girl 5'1 " 103-107 pre pregnancy size 0-1 pants so 9 pounds was huge for me in fact I nearly died after I had him so I'm terrified this time around!

My first dd was 9lb 13oz, my ds was 8lb 5oz, and my 1yr old dd was 10 lb 5oz! Thank God I had them all c-section! Lok

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->