• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone have experience with dairy intolerance or other food allergies ??

Kazy

Reaction score
So I've googled some issues we are having and it seems the possibilities of problems are endless so I'd like feedback from someone if they have experienced .......

My life is 4 weeks old. Lactation consultant suspects dairy intolerance. I am going on 8 days dairy free. Within a few days I noticed a difference in her excessive crankiness and thought we were on to something.

The last 2 days her gas has gotten so much worse. She appears to be in pain. Has completely liquid yellow diarrhea or green spurts of poo. Also her voice is very hoarse.

Why would this be happening now? I don't have an over supply. Is it possible to have a foremilk hindmilk issue with I don't have an over supply? I've had a sore throat all week.... Could she possibly.just have a little bug that is working its way out?

I'd appreciate.any thoughts. I feel so bad for her and wonder if formula.might just be better for her. This is my 4th breast fed baby and I really wasn't anticipating having so many issues.

She could be sick with a tummy bug. Also, she could get too much foremilk if you have an overactive letdown even if you don't technically have oversupply. Sounds more like a bit of a bug to me, though.

Our docs suspect my 17 week old has an allergy to milk protein. We originally thought he had severe reflux until I realised a huge change after cutting out dairy from my diet. It took 2 weeks to see a drastic change in my son. His symptoms that he gets within 6 days of me eating dairy are as follows:-
- Severe reflux
- Congestion & cough
- random screaming
- cradle cap
- weepy left eye
- windy
- Green poo & stringy diarreah

Hope this helps x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics