Anyone have experience with Provera?

bandm318

Mommy of 2 and TTC#3
Reaction score
Did not get AF after a mock cycle, so RE decided to go ahead with provera to start my period so we can move on with a hystosonogram and then IVF (hopefully). Anyone ever take this? Any side effects I should be prepared for?

yes, ive took provera a number of times to bring on af, to be honest ive never had any side effects with it, and its worked OK.
x

How long did it take for AF to show once you started provera? Our next step is a hystogram on cd 5 -7 so needless to say, I am anxious to get moving because after this cycle (if it will ever get started), the next cycle is my IVF cycle.

well i took it 3 months in a row, i think af normally showed about 3-7 days after i took the last tablet, however it never was what i would call a proper af, it was just a bit of a little bleed for no more than one day. i never had any side effects at all from it.
i took tablets for 7 days then had a little bleed the week after normally.
good luck for your ivf cycle!! exciting stuff - im very impatient! all this ttc takes far toooooo long
x

I took provera a few months ago. A little crampy but nothing too crazy. I didn't get my period until 4 days after I stopped taking it though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->