Anyone have hydrosalpinx????

I am on the waiting list for an hsg for the remaining tube but they did visually when I had the other one removed and they said it looked normal but abnormally long. They thought the egg couldnt get down the other one in time and got stuck and then implantated.

I am having trouble getting pregnant from the other side though. Will be patient and see.
Thanks ever so much for answering and apologies to everyone else for gatecrashing. XXXX

Just from what I have been told so far (from an hsg) is that the damage is too severe for repair and that removal is suggested in which case ivf would be my only option. I am going to meet with a surgeon to discuss their opinion and options etc.

I never had an std so they rae not sure how i got hydrosalpinx - but either way.

Crypto - It never affected my cycles - but they are fluid filled tubes and the fluid damages tubes and increases chances of ectopic and miscarriage.[/QUOTE

hi again my tubes are still damaged there are no hair like things in them to help my eggs travel thro and at high risk of ectopic and misscarriage but even tho its slim its a chance, tho ive just got a letter from fs he wants to see me.

hope your appointment goes well

angie x

I just found this thread - I had an HSG today, and it looks very much like a hydrosalpinx.

The dye 'bubbled' near the end of the right tube, and did not come out at the end, neither of which was true for the left tube. So, it does at least look like that one tube should be OK. Also, the procedure was quite painful, which apparently is another sign of blockage.

I understand that as I have (hopefully) one good tube, I should be able to have the bad one removed surgically, and then be in a better position to conceive naturally through the remaining good tube.

The imaging technician explained to me that the dilation of the tube (usually caused by an old infection or something) means that if an egg actually does get through, it can move around in the tube, rather than travelling straight down, so there is a high risk of ectopic pregnancy.

Also, the fluid that fills the hydrosalpinx is usually toxic to the embryo, and even if it doesn't kill it, it can flush the embryo right out before it gets chance to implant. Basically, it's not a 50% thing with one tube affected - it seriously reduces the chance of getting pregnant even with one good tube.

I've got to go back to the consultant now and hope they can get things moving - I've no idea how long these things take. I assume by virtue of the fact they're testing for it, than the op would be covered on the NHS?

Deep down, I knew something was wrong, but now I know, it feels like being hit by a train. Although it's not all bad yet - I still have some hope of conceiving naturally, until I'm told otherwise!

I have the same condition, was diagnosed in January 2010. My consultant told myself and my husband that we wont be able to fall pregnant naturally as both of my tubes are affected. We have been told our only hope is IVF, but they have to sterilise me 1st as the fluid is toxic! Wishing you all the best.

I just wanted to share my experience, We were advised to try IVF as I had tube damage we paid for our 1st cycle and unfortunately it was ectopic. At the scan when they discovered it was ectopic thay also advised me that I had a hydrosalpinx in the other tube which has never been mentioned to me before and I have had a lap & dye test. We decided that I would have both tubes removed to increase our chances for our next cycle of IVF. I had already come to terms with the fact that my tubes were knackered so it wasn't a difficult decision for me to make, I couldn't go through IVF knowing it could be ectopic again due to my damaged tubes xxxx

Hello everyone,
I haven't been on this site in ages, as we had such a long wait after my hsg for the fertility clinic appointment. However, we went today and she confirmed the suspicion that I too have hydrosalpinx, an apparent blockage close to the join with the uterus. I knew that the dye didn't get through the right tube at all. However I'm being referred to their consultant a Dr Banajee I think now, so he can be sure of this - so I assume this means another hsg? At 38 and 2 months now this means another month or 6 weeks wait to see the guy, more tests, and then the likelihood that they will wish to remove the tube. Yes, they also told me that the fluid can be toxic to an egg/embryo if it leaks out of the bad tube. Even if we progressed to IVF the clinic is likely to expect the tube to be removed. FYI, ttc nearly 2 years and at this age apparently having one working tube doesn't qualify us for NHS IVF - our PCT requires min 3 years ttc!!!!
My thoughts are with everyone in this predicament, I'm now going to read up on what is involved in having a tube removed, if anyone has experience of this I would be very glad to hear more information.
G x

Hello everyone,
I haven't been on this site in ages, as we had such a long wait after my hsg for the fertility clinic appointment. However, we went today and she confirmed the suspicion that I too have hydrosalpinx, an apparent blockage close to the join with the uterus. I knew that the dye didn't get through the right tube at all. However I'm being referred to their consultant a Dr Banajee I think now, so he can be sure of this - so I assume this means another hsg? At 38 and 2 months now this means another month or 6 weeks wait to see the guy, more tests, and then the likelihood that they will wish to remove the tube. Yes, they also told me that the fluid can be toxic to an egg/embryo if it leaks out of the bad tube. Even if we progressed to IVF the clinic is likely to expect the tube to be removed. FYI, ttc nearly 2 years and at this age apparently having one working tube doesn't qualify us for NHS IVF - our PCT requires min 3 years ttc!!!!
My thoughts are with everyone in this predicament, I'm now going to read up on what is involved in having a tube removed, if anyone has experience of this I would be very glad to hear more information.
G x

Hi Georgie :flower: I have just been through all of this, and my message is don't assume anything for certain until you've had a laparoscopy and dye to confirm the HSG diagnosis. I had my HSG back in August and the FS told me I had hydrosalpinx on both tubes, probably from an std. She basically told me that IVF was our only option and that I should also prepare for having my tubes removed beforehand, due to the fluid build-up destroying chances of implantation. Needless to say I was devasted. However, I went for my lap & dye last week, and it turns out there is nothing wrong with my tubes whatsoever. They think maybe the tubes spasmed to make it look like they were blocked.

So the best advice I can offer, is try and take it one step at a time and don't assume anything at this stage. Best of luck xxxxxx

Georgie,
I have had both of my tubes removed due to ectopics. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me. I knew my R tube was bad because it was the one I first had an ectopic with but the dye showed that my left was fine even when they did the lap to remove my right one the dr said it was fine. As I found out this past June with another ectopic it too was scarred internally and not fine at all.

Hello everyone,
G x

Hi Georgie :flower: I have just been through all of this, and my message is don't assume anything for certain until you've had a laparoscopy and dye to confirm the HSG diagnosis. I had my HSG back in August and the FS told me I had hydrosalpinx on both tubes, probably from an std. She basically told me that IVF was our only option and that I should also prepare for having my tubes removed beforehand, due to the fluid build-up destroying chances of implantation. Needless to say I was devasted. However, I went for my lap & dye last week, and it turns out there is nothing wrong with my tubes whatsoever. They think maybe the tubes spasmed to make it look like they were blocked.

So the best advice I can offer, is try and take it one step at a time and don't assume anything at this stage. Best of luck xxxxxx

This is exactly what happened to me. Best wishes. xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->