Anyone have info on sterilization? have you had essure?

would i be able to get sterilized on the nhs as im 23?

I don't know what ensure is but I don't think you will get sterilised on the NHS at 23, u less yu have medical reason why it would be dangerous for you to become pregnant

I a 36 with 3 kids and I ask every time I am in the surgery but I get a no everytime

It depends on your local trust and the reasons behind your sterilisation.

My doctor told me the NHS usually puts on a cap of 30 years - They will sterilise after this but not before unless it is a genuine medical reason. (Its the same age for men and women)

HTH

If insurance won't cover permanent- what about the IUD ? Would that be covered? Sorry- not sure how it all works in the UK, bit different where I live. But, that way your protected, but it's not permanent. I think some even last 10yrs? Or maybe it's just 5yrs- then you could do a permanent solution after that when you qualify.

Thanks for all the replys, i will still ask next time im at the doctors, i cannot take birth control with hormomes or a copper iud as they make me suffer with bad depression :(

I would at least ask about the IUD hun- I think there is a lot of mis-info on that one. I have friends who swore they couldn't use it due to hormones- but when I asked my doc, she said the hormones (if you don't use the copper one) is centrally located and doesn't affect mood or other hormones in the body- BUT- always better to ask your own doc and make sure that's still the case. I asked originally when I was on the pill well before I was TTC... seems there are many more options now.

I think they will say you are too young,my dad had to wait till he was 28 with 4 kids before he was 'allowed' a vasectomy,as he was deemed too young.

If you dont mind me asking,is there a reason why you are thinking of something so 'final'?

I think they will say you are too young,my dad had to wait till he was 28 with 4 kids before he was 'allowed' a vasectomy,as he was deemed too young.

If you dont mind me asking,is there a reason why you are thinking of something so 'final'?

We have come to the conclusion that our family feels complete and financially able to cope with just one, we really don't want anymore :)

the copper coin has no.hormones
in so can't make you suffer from depression.

the copper coin has no.hormones
in so can't make you suffer from depression.

Ive found information that sugguests the copper can also have a bad effect on the body, there are many women online having this type of contraception taken out due to mood cahnges etc... i'm not willing to chance it x

debt believe everything you read online for all those eomrn that are having problems there's millions tgats aren't who arebt postings no problems i have it and know loads who do with no p
roblems. not sure what other options you have really at your are as not willing to take a chance either mood changes probably winter be a good enough reason. can you not just use condoms as looks like that's all that's left in your options.

Yeah that's what we are using, but i want a more permanent solution, either way doctors appointment booked to look into methods etc..

thanks for the reply's. x

Please update, especially if you get any joy with sterilisation

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"