Anyone have names picked before getting pregnant?

USAFWife319

Reaction score
My husband and I had a hard time agreeing on names so when we finally did we knew what we would name our kids when we had one. I'm now 16 weeks with our first and we find out next Thursday. If we have a girl she will be Vera Audrey and if we have a boy he will be Milan Troy. Both first names are family names. Vera is my dad's mom and Milan is my dad's and was his dad's first name. Audrey is my husband's grandma.

What did y'all choose?

Your names are very pretty, love names with family connections. We've chosen a few, and may well change our minds a few more times 😉

We have Lincoln Arthur or John Joseph (both family names), and Rose, Ava or Phoebe for a girl (middle names to be decided)

We had names picked but have changed our minds about 3 times since then. I think we won't decide until we meet them.

With our DD, we had names chosen before I became pregnant. Then once I became pregnant and we knew the gender, we changed our minds, only to change our minds once again once she was born. I think with #2, we'll have a shortlist, but not decide on anything until we meet him/her. Plus I love going through different names. ;)

Lovely names! Never heard of the name Milan before but love it! :D

Any mommy intuition on what you are having? :)

I always had a few favourite names but when I fell pregnant none of them seemed to fit so he's something completely different to the names I thought I'd use:haha:

I might sound obsessed but I really am not LOL. I've kept a baby name list since I was a teen. And I've revised and "tried out" names for characters in stories I've written.

I do it because I like to plan things out and make sure they are timeless but also things that I will like in the long run. I tend to be like this in all aspects of my life. Like tattoos, I like to sit on names for years at a time. I figure, it's something my child has to live with forever, I need to put some serious thought into it.

Amelia Lily (Mia) was chosen before I was pregnant! With the others we were disagreeing up to the last couple of months!

I'm prepared this time! #4 will be Benjamin Rhys (Benji) if a boy and ?????? Jasmine if a girl. OH like Ella as a nn for first name but I'm not sold as I don't like any names that shorten to Ella! I like Elizabeth (Elsa) myself!

I love these!! So glad I'm not the only one who had names picked! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->