Anyone have success with Mini IVF after traditional IVF cycles failed?

Febhuds

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Wondering if anyone went on to try Mini IVF, and succeed, after failing with traditional IVF. We did have our daughter through traditional IVF at 38, but now I am 40 and although I produce eggs each cycle which fertilize they either fizzle before day 5 or seem to be abnormal. Wondering if lower doses of fertility meds might up my chances to get to a normal embryo. I am considered a low responder and I have been reading that mini IVF may help older women trying to conceive. Any thoughts! Thanks and have a wonderful weekend, infertility warriors!!

Here's a rundown of what to expect with Mini IVF, although procedures can vary from clinic to clinic. Before starting Mini IVF, you may take at least one round of birth control pills to regulate your cycle. Your doctor will perform an ultrasound to make sure that you are a good candidate for IVF. If everything looks healthy, your doctor may prescribe clomiphene citrate to boost ovulation, encouraging your body to produce more eggs than normal. Once your follicles are fully ripe and mature, your doctor will administer a human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) injection. IVF will proceed in the traditional way, with egg retrieval, fertilization, and embryo transfer. I cannot say I’ve got experience with the procedure but if your doc suggests it probably it’s worth trying.
Wish you good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->