Anyone having a hard time with being so big/body image

DLA

1st Time Mom & lovin it!
Reaction score
I wasn't like this my 1st pregnancy. But lately I've had a hard time with body image. I should also mention I've had a crippling eating disorder in the past but been in recovery for the most part, for the last few years. Between being so big at the end and the anxiety about dropping the weight after I give birth, I'm driving myself insane. I feel like there is so much pressure to lose baby weight fast and normally I'm good about not buying into that but for some reason, I'm having a hard time. I keep thinking about what it used to be like having my eating disorder and kind of wanting those days back, even though they pure misery. IDK maybe hormones are getting the best of me.

:hug:

I feel horrible about the way I look, I understand fully that I look this way because im carrying our very own baby which is amazing and totally worth it. but everytime I get out of the shower or catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror naked I actually cry now. I hate how I look, my stretch marks are awful, I was a small size 10 pre pregnancy and am now wearing size 16 maternity clothes that aren't exactly flattering me.. I feel absolutely hideous, every day seems to get worse.
OH made a comment just last night about how my face has gone really round, if only he knew how shit I was feeling already I wonder if he would've said that! now as soon as he went to bed last night I investigated in the mirror to find he is right, and I cried myself to sleep... im so fed up, and so scared ill be fat and horrible, and ruined forever!!
but im sure we wont, our hormones are crazy right now and we will be back to 'normal' or thereabout eventually xx

I'm having a bout of this at the moment. Woke up with a cold sore, and upon inspecting it in natural light in my bedroom, I noticed an abundance of peach fuzz on my jaw line, upper lip and neck, in addition to wrinkles I never saw before and brown spots.

I like to think I'm a pretty girl, but I feel like an ugly monster right now :(

I've gained less weight this pregnancy so don't feel as massive as I was with my first, but still not looking forward to how my body looks after having a baby.

To top it all off, I am so exhausted, but am trying to give my son 120% of my attention and energy, which leaves me depeleted, and I never feel like I'm actually even giving him anywhere close to that. Just feel so blah today :(

I hope you feel better. For me, I know it is just hormones. But it's important to keep track of these feelings and to be open about them with your partner. Every pregnancy is different. hugs

I dont have a problem with my body I have a problem with my clothes!!

When I strip down and see myself starkers, Im quite pleased with how I look because I'm still a slim size 8 just with half a space hopper stuck to my front. No strechmarks (so far fingers crossed) and feel like quite a sexy preggo if thats possible!!

As soon as I put clothes on I feel like a whale. Because Ive got big boobs everything just hangs off them and over my bump and makes me look like I'm fat not pregnant, its heartbreaking :(
Tried to buy some new clothes the other day and ended up in tears.

Mention these feelings to your midwife to be safe. I'm horrified over the size of my thighs and their stretch marks but OH has been great in reassuring me about how I look. Maybe get yourself a massage so you feel a bit better on the inside at least xx

Yes, I feel terrible. I think a lot of it is hormones also.

I am one of those unlucky women that has gotten big everywhere, big bump, bigger thighs, bigger ass, bigger arms, boobs, double chin etc. I feel absolutely disgusting. I was eating pretty well most of the pregnancy, but since my energy dropped so much at the end of second tri/beginning of third, I eat a lot of crap (on top of the good stuff too). To be honest I only really noticed I was doing this the other day - I have a hard time getting enough energy to get through the day at work, and have been eating lots of sugary carbs, things that give me quick energy but not long lasting or useful energy. I have no doubt that I'd still be huge even without eating the extra crap, but it has probably made me more puffy and more miserable.

I am trying to keep an eye on what foods I eat now (not amount, but in terms of health etc). I have to say, especially as this is my first, I am petrified that I will never get back to the shape I was before. I've accepted these awful stretch marks, and they're worth it, but if I'm this big forever I'm gonna have to have a really big cry :(

Yes, it's been terrible. :cry: It doesn't help that people keep reminding me how huge I am. Mine's mostly my bump, I've always been pretty petite and I'm carrying all out front because I don't have very wide hips, so people make all these comments about how HUGE I am for how far along I am. Makes me want to cry.

So hugs to all of you that feel likewise. At least we get a sweet lil baby in the end! Otherwise it wouldn't be worth it at all.

I feel your pain as I am in the same boat. I'm glad I'm not alone x

being pregnant is not that fun!!!!!!

Yup. Major body image issues here. Not surprising really when I've gone from the pic on the left to the now pic on the right :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 54
I think im gonna do a before to now picture too.. although it may make me cry! x

https://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab117/kirstybumx3/pre30_zps4d4c934d.png

:(

a few months hun, that was around may and I got pregnant in November xx

you looked fab, although you still do!!!
hopefully we can regain some sort of 'normalness' again post pregnancy...
I understand ill never be totally the same but ill certainly try :haha:
its not great spending every day avoiding the mirror x

You looked amazing too. Hope we can get back to where we were. I feel like I've lost my identity.

me too hun :(
I feel selfish but I just keep telling myself my baby will be worth it xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"