anyone help with period, please

smurff

Mummy to Emily and Harry
Reaction score
Hi, i had my baby nearly 8 weeks ago and my pregnancy books tells me i should have my periods back by about 4 to 6 weeks, mine have not returned yet, yesterday i went to the loo and when i wiped i noticed watery blood on the paper so i assumed my periods had started but that was it ive had nothing else since then, not even when i go to the loo there isnt nothing on the paper its compleatly gone, is that normal and is it normal for them not to have started yet :flower:

I think they can take anywhere up to 12 weeks, it sounds like it'll be starting soon though. If your seriously worried go to the doctors hun xx

I think they can take anywhere up to 12 weeks, it sounds like it'll be starting soon though. If your seriously worried go to the doctors hun xx

Thankyou, i shouldnt read those books they always worry me, ive got a docs appointment tomorrow for bp so ill check with her then, i just didnt want another day of worrying today, thanks again:flower:

Thankyou, i shouldnt read those books they always worry me, ive got a docs appointment tomorrow for bp so ill check with her then, i just didnt want another day of worrying today, thanks again:flower:

Haha books & google are the worst things to read.. No periods always a good thing haha! Hope it goes well for you xx

I know someone who didn't get their period back for 6 months! Their doctor told them it was partially because of breast-feeding, and just the way her body functions. I got mine back very soon after the twins, can't exactly think right now, but only a few weeks... Don't worry yet! x

EDIT - Not even 3wks after I had the twins (2wks 5 days I am99% sure)! And exactly 4 weeks and 2 days this time around

I've FF'd from birth and only got my period on Friday. I got a bleed last week for a bit but it didn't last long. Now it's here with a vengeance! If you're BFing it can take ages to come back, if at all while you're still BFing. If you're FFing then anything up to 4 months is normal. Just watch though, you can still be fertile without having a period so may be worth just ruling that out before you ask the Dr. I find that taking a pregnancy test normally brings on the AF lol - did that on thursday and hey presto-friday she arrived! lol

Stay away from Google.
It can take longer for some women to return to normal, but if you are really concerned, talk to a doctor.
:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->