Anyone here TTC while still breastfeeding #1?

IzziesMomma

Reaction score
I'm new here, so HI!!
My daughter is 8 months old (breastfeed) and we've decided to start seriously trying to conceive baby #2 now. My period returned at 5 months PP I had 2 cycles and now that we're ready to try it hasn't returned :( I'm on CD 62 now and VERY frustrated.
I've been trying to chart but I cannot figure out a good time to temp in the morning. We co-sleep and it varies when little miss wakes up. How consistent does temping have to be?

Just wanted to say hi. I'm still BFing #1 and trying for #2. He's 16 months now and only nurses 2-3 times a day. My period came back 6 months ago and has been pretty regular so I'm hoping the BF isn't affecting ovulation. Time will tell I guess. Sorry I really have no advice for you about temping as I haven't done it.

I am. DS is 6 months old, and I had an 8 day light bleed at 5 1/2 months pp, then another 3 day light bleed 19 days after that. So I have no idea what my body is doing right now.

I started taking vitamin B6 to help regulate my cycles, hoping it works.

I don't do temping, but I think you have to be extremely consistent with it for it to be accurate. Also, temping won't tell you when you're going to ovulate... it only confirms whether or not you have! So if your cycles aren't regular, temping probably won't help much as far as trying to have sex before you ovulate. But at least you'd know if you did, I guess!

I know a lot of people who temp will set an alarm and temp at the same time every day, and go back to sleep after recording it. So if your LO wakes anywhere from 7:30 to 8:00 a.m., maybe set your alarm for 7 a.m?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->