Anyone here used agnus cactus whilst bf?

babytots

Reaction score
My lb is coming up to 1 and I would love for him to have a sibling close in age (taking the ntnp route) trouble is when breastfeeding my cycles remain awol until my babies wean completely so dropping feeds, sleeping through the night, etc has no effect.

So I'm looking into natural ways to help bring my cycles back. Agnus cactus is one of them but I've read conflicting advise on wether its safe to take and the effect it has on milk supply. Has anyone here taken it whilst bf and if so did you notice any side effects or drop in milk supply? Did it help to bring your cycles bac?

I've also been told other vitamins and minerals can help (vit b complex/evening primrose oil/magnesium) so looking into these also since they would have no ill effect on either of us. x

I took Agnus Castus when my lo was 16 months old but my cycle had already returned at 12 months.

I also took DIM, milk thistle, burdock root. I had severe PMS, 49 day cycles with only black clumpy blood and the supplements helped restore it to normal.

If a hormonal imbalance is causing your period to stay away these can help. Though I would suggest also looking into DIM and milk thistle. Milk thistle detoxes the liver so normal hormone function can resume naturally and DIM removes excess estrogen (an imbalance that can result in too little progesterone), Vitex (Agnus Castus) supports natural function of the pituitary gland.

I did not notice any side effects from taking them btw. I am currently taking milk thistle (my lo is 3 months) bc I noticed signs of hormonal imbalance after delivery and they are improving now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->